You’ve finally found the time to sit down and watch your favorite movie, and you get the “Something went wrong. Disney plus error code 83” message. Don’t worry because this error can be fixed at home by yourself. By following the instructions that we have laid out in this article. Also, we have listed what exactly the Disney Plus Error Code 83 message means and why it occurs in the first place.
What Is The Disney Plus Error Code 83?
In most cases, Error Code 83 means that there has been a connection error. However, the error is sometimes thrown if there are issues with your account. Or if there is a compatibility issue between your devices. Developers bake error codes into their services so that you can identify errors. And fix any potential problems on your end. The error in question is just the same. It indicates that the issues mentioned above probably exist on your end.
Why Are You Getting The Disney Plus Error Code 83?
If you are getting Error Code 83 with Disney Plus, it probably is due to the following reasons.
- Disney Service Outage: Maintenance might be happening at the Disney Server end. Due to this, you are getting this message. These sorts of outages happen every once in a while. To accommodate maintenance and server upgrades. Thus, we suggest checking if the service is down for everyone, as done below.
- Slow Internet Speed: Internet bandwidth plays a vital role in establishing the connection. You will see the error if your internet doesn’t provide enough bandwidth. Thus, we recommend that you test your internet speed.
- Outdated Application: Your device’s Disney Plus application can be outdated. If so, we suggest installing the latest updates from your device’s app store. This is because the latest updates have the latest protocols. These protocols can be necessary for streaming.
- Compatibility Issues: There can be compatibility issues between your device and the app. It is also possible that there are compatibility issues in the devices connected to your TV. Thus, we suggest you remove any extra devices to solve the Disney plus error code 83 problem.
- Browser Compatibility: Make sure you are using a browser compatible with Disney Plus. They support Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and IE on Windows and Safari on macOS. If you use a different browser, we suggest you migrate to one of these to fix the issue.
- Device Firmware: Sometimes, the device that you are using might contain out-of-date firmware. This firmware can have glitches or bugs that prevent your stream. Thus, we suggest that you have the latest firmware installed on your device.
- Corrupted App Cache: Your app cache may be corrupt. This cache helps reduce the app’s loading time but can get corrupted. Thus, we suggest you try to clear out this cache and let it regenerate so that the older one is deleted.
- Account Issue: The account you use might be banned from viewing content. Otherwise, it might just be glitched. Thus, we suggest that you check if there are any issues with your account and adjust accordingly.
Now that we have taken you through the reasons behind it. You can finally start implementing the solutions.
How To Fix The Disney Plus Error Code 83: 10 Easy Steps
Check if Disney Servers are Down
Are Disney Servers currently down? You will continue to receive the Disney plus error code 83 until they come back up. To check this, go through the following:
- Launch your browser and navigate to this site.
- On the site, check if there are numerous cases of this happening.
- If there are, it means that many users are facing the error.
- Thus, you will have to wait until they come back up.
Ensure Device Compatibility
From the guidelines listed here, check to see if the device that you are using is compatible. Thus, we suggest that you make that your device is compatible. After doing that, make sure that you remove any extra devices connected to your TV. Also, to your streaming device.
Test Internet Speed
The next step in ensuring your setup is up to mark is to test your internet speed. This will ensure that you have enough bandwidth to be able to stream content. For that:
- Start your browser and navigate here.
- Select the “GO” button from the website to start the speed test.
- Please wait for it to finish and monitor your Download Speed and Latency/Ping.
- You should be able to stream if you have a download speed greater than 8Mbps or equal to it.
- Also, ensure that the latency isn’t very high.
Also Check: How To Fix Hulu Error Code 500?
Update your Application
Sometimes, updating the application on your device is important. Thus, we suggest you choose the appropriate steps below to update the Disney+ app on your device. For that:
Update Disney+ on Android:
- Launch PlayStore from your app drawer and select your account’s icon from the top.
- Now, select the “Manage Apps and Device” option.
- From there, you should see the “Updates Available” screen containing all the apps with updates available.
- From the list of apps, scroll until you find Disney+ and then select the “Update” button in front of it.
- Check if this helps fix the Disney plus error code 83 Android.
Disney+ Update on iPhone:
- Launch the Apple AppStore on your device.
- Look under the “Updates” section, and once you find Disney+, click “Update” beside it.
- Wait for the update to install and check if this fixes the Disney plus error code 83 iOS issue.
Also Check: How To Fix Xbox Error Code 0x80190190?
Sometimes, the firmware you use on your device might be causing the error and preventing you from streaming. Thus, we suggest that you install the latest firmware. To do that:
- Press “Windows + I” and then click on the Windows Update screen.
- Now, select “Check for Updates“.
- Wait for it to check for available updates, and select the “Download and Install” button to install them.
- Once installed, check if the Disney plus error code 83 Windows issue is fixed.
- Unlock your device and open “Settings“.
- In settings, scroll down to the bottom. Then, select the “About Phone” option.
- Now, select the “Software Update” button and then select “Check for Updates“.
- Once the check for updates finishes, download them and install them.
- After installing the latest Android firmware, check if the Disney plus error code 83 Android issue is gone.
- Open your device and launch into “Settings“.
- Select “General” and then select “Software Update“.
- Now, turn ON the “Automatic Updates” section, and your device should download and install the latest iOS update.
- Check if doing this fixes the Disney plus error code 83 iOS issue.
Also Check: How To Fix Spotify Error Code Auth 74?
Clear out the Cache
On iOS, the cache is cleared once you uninstall and reinstall the app. But, for Android and Fire TV, you can clear it manually using these steps.
- Launch into “Settings” and select the “Applications” option.
- Now, select the “Apps” button and then select “Disney+” from the list of apps.
- After doing this, make sure to choose the “Storage” button.
- Select the “Clear Cache” and then the “Clear Data” options.
- Check if this fixes the issue.
FireTV and Smart TV:
- Navigate to your TV’s settings and select “Applications“.
- Click on the “Manage Installed Applications” and then select the “Disney+” app.
- Now, select the “Clear Cache” and the “Clear Data” buttons one by one.
- After this, let the cache and data regenerate.
- Confirm if this fixes the Disney plus error code 83 Fire Stick issue.
For iOS, you can try to uninstall and reinstall the application to fix the issue. To do this:
- Press and hold on to the Disney+ application until the menu appears.
- Select the “Remove App” option from the menu to delete it from your device.
- Once deleted, reinstall it from the App Store.
- Check and verify if this fixes the Disney plus error code 83 issue.
Also Check: How To Fix The Paramount Plus Error Code 4200?
Change the way how you are Watching
Some users suggested that watching Disney+ using a web browser on a mobile device doesn’t work. Thus, we recommend using the official Disney+ app on your mobile device to stream content. In addition, users reported that using third-party apps on Windows doesn’t work. You need to use the browser. From the above, we can conclude that watching using the appropriate method for the relevant device is important.
PowerCycle your Device
If you are watching the content on a mobile device, try to initiate a restart. This can often fix issues with the device’s load-up and the streaming error. In addition, if you are streaming on a computer, try to close out of the browser entirely and start it again.
However, if you are streaming the content on a console or a TV. We recommend you go through the following steps to completely power cycle it.
- Remove the power cable from your console/TV from the wall socket.
- After removing the cable, press and hold your TV’s “Power” button for at least 10 seconds.
- Now, plug the cord back in and turn on the device.
- Check whether the Disney plus error code 83 issue TV is fixed.
Disconnect VPN Connection
VPNs are notorious for not sitting well with streaming services. This might also be the case with you using a VPN. Thus, we suggest you temporarily turn OFF the VPN and check if that fixes the error for you. If it does, we recommend that you either keep the connection turned OFF or try to use a different VPN. One that is compatible with Disney+ and is rated highly by users.
If you have a friend or family member willing to allow you to use their account on your device, try to do so. Suppose the account can stream content while your original account isn’t. This can mean that you require an action on your account. Thus, you can contact Disney+ Support with this information. And have them look at the issue with your account.
The Disney Plus error code 83 is mainly related to an issue during the establishment of the connection. These issues are common and can mostly be fixed using methods like those mentioned in this post. They can range from power cycling your device to clearing the cache. However, it is important that you also consult with Disney+ support if you are still unable to fix the issues. You can also shoot us a message if you are still concerned.
Also Check: How To Fix Hulu Error Code Rununk13?
Depending on your location, Disney+ might not be available. To confirm this, please consult the availability chart and check if your location falls within the coverage area. If not, you can try to use a VPN compatible with Disney+. Otherwise, you won’t be able to stream.
On Disney Plus, the error code 83 usually means that there was an issue while connecting to the servers. This issue can arise for many reasons, as mentioned in this article.
Fortunately, you can fix this error on your own in most cases. Unless the error is caused due to server outage or Disney’s end, you can improve it.
Also Check: How to Fix Hulu Error Code 504 (Gateway Timeout)