Hulu is one of the most used streaming services in the US, and millions of users log in daily to stream. But we have recently discovered that users were getting Hulu Error Code Rununk13. In this article, we will go through all the different solutions to fix Hulu error code Rununk13 issue. Also, we will highlight what this error code means and what are the main causes for this issue.
What Is Hulu Error Code Rununk13?
Developers bake in specific error codes that the app/service throws when faced with issues. Error Code Rununk13 indicates that the service was unable to connect your device. We can assume that the problem occurs primarily due to network connectivity. But it can also be related to an error at Hulu’s end.
Why Are You Getting The Hulu Error Code Rununk13?
Upon investigation, we came to learn that the following are some of the most prominent reasons behind the Hulu error code Rununk13.
- Hulu Server Outage: Sometimes, the Hulu servers might be out for maintenance. Due to this, you will see the Hulu Error Code Rununk13 on your computer.
- Internet Connection Issue: Sometimes, the browser that you are using might be outdated. Due to this, it cannot support the latest security protocols required for streaming. Thus, we suggest that you update your browser.
- App Cache: Corrupted app cache can also prevent proper streaming and cause the error to occur. You must regenerate the app cache by clearing the previous one to fix this.
- Outdated Hulu App: If the Hulu app hasn’t been updated in a while, you might get the Hulu Error Code Rununk13. Therefore, we suggest you update the app to the latest version.
- Outdated Browser: Sometimes, the browser that you are using might be outdated. Due to this, it cannot support the latest security protocols required for streaming. Thus, we suggest that you update your browser.
- Corrupted Cookies/Site Data: If the site data or cookies have been corrupted, you can get the Hulu Error Code Rununk13 Samsung tv error. We suggest you clear out these cookies and check if that fixes the issue.
Now that you have been taken through the reasons behind this issue, you can start implementing the solutions below.
Also Check: How to Fix Hulu Error Code 504 (Gateway Timeout)
How to Fix Hulu Error Code Rununk13?
In order to fix this issue, apply the following solutions on your device until one of them allows you to start streaming again.
Check for Hulu Server Outage
- Launch your browser and navigate to this link.
- Once the link opens, check the outage graph.
- In the outage graph, if there are higher reports of an outage, it means that many users are currently facing this issue.
- Therefore, the only thing that you can do in such a case is to wait until the servers are put back up.
Verify Internet Connection
Sometimes the Internet connection that you are using might not be up to par. For that, we can try to perform a speed test and check if it meets the minimum required bandwidth.
- Start your browser and open this site.
- Click the “GO” button on the site to start the speed test.
- Wait for the speed test to finish measuring all the metrics.
- Check to see if your download speed is at least 8Mbps or above.
- Also, verify that there isn’t a lot of “Jitter” or “Packet Loss“.
Also Check: How To Fix Hulu Error Code P-Edu122?
Clearing App Cache
It is important to clear out the corrupted app cache to ensure that we aren’t running into errors because of it. The app cache will be regenerated once cleared. It won’t delete any crucial app data required for regular operation.
Removing Cache on Android:
- Click on the “Settings” icon from the notifications panel to launch into the settings.
- Inside settings, select the “App” option and then select “Applications“.
- From the list of installed applications, select “Hulu” and then select the “Storage” option.
- Inside here, select the “Clear Cache” and the “Clear Data” option.
- After this, launch the Hulu app and check whether the Hulu Error Code Rununk13 issue is fixed.
Removing Cache on iOS:
- Select the Hulu app and remove it from your device.
- After removing it, navigate to the Apple App Store and download the app again.
- Once downloaded, check to see if you can fix the Hulu Error Code Rununk13 Mac error this way.
Delete Cache on Fire TV:
- Navigate to “Settings” and then select “Applications“.
- From there, select “Manage Installed Applications” and then select “Hulu” from the list.
- Select “Clear Cache” and then the “Clear Data” button.
- Wait for the Cache and data to be cleared.
- Check if this fixes the Hulu Error Code Rununk13 Fire TV issue.
Also Check: How to Fix Hulu Error Code P-Edu101?
Installing Hulu Updates
An outdated application is another reason why you might get this error. This is because the servers authenticate your connection based on specific security protocols. If you won’t install these protocols on your device, the stream won’t start.
- Launch PlayStore and click the “Account” button from the top right.
- Select the “Manage Apps and Device” option from the list.
- Now, select the “Updates” option to see the list of apps requiring updates.
- Select the “Hulu” app from this list and click the “Update” button.
- After selecting the update, wait for the update completion and check to see if it has fixed the issue.
- Launch the Apple App Store and select your profile icon from the top of the screen.
- From there, scroll down and select the “Update” button next to the “Hulu” app in the list of “Available Updates“.
- If the Hulu app isn’t there, it means that you are already using the latest version.
- After installing the updates, check whether the Hulu Error Code Rununk13 on iPad issue is fixed.
- Launch your TV and go to the settings.
- Go to “Apps” from the settings and then select “Google PlayStore” to launch it.
- From the PlayStore, select “My Apps” and then the “Hulu” app.
- Check if there are any Updates available and install them.
- Check if this fixes the Hulu Error Code Rununk13 Samsung TV issue.
Also Check: How To Fix Hulu Error Code P-Edu125?
Checking for Browser Updates
- After launching Chrome, click on the “Three Dots” at the top right side.
- From there, select the “Settings” option.
- Select the “About Chrome” option from the left on the next screen.
- Now, the Chrome browser will automatically check for any available updates.
- After it checks, select “Install” if a later version is available.
- Check to see if this fixes the Hulu Error Code Rununk13 Chrome issue.
For Microsoft Edge:
- Start the Microsoft Edge browser and open an empty tab.
- Select the “Three Dots” at the top right side of your screen.
- From the menu that opens up, select the “Settings” option.
- Now, select the “About Microsoft Edge” button from the left side of the screen.
- Edge will prompt you to check for any available updates automatically.
- Select “Install” if any updates are available and verify if this fixes the issue.
- Launch Firefox and select the “Three Lines” at the top right side of your screen.
- From there, select the “Help” button.
- Now, a screen should pop up that should display the update status of your browser.
- Check if any updates are available and try to install them.
Also Check: How To Fix Hulu Error Code 500?
Removing Faulty Cookies/Site Data:
The browser stores Cookies and Site data for the Hulu website can also cause this issue. This is because this data can be corrupted over time. So, you need to refresh it every now and then, and we can remove it to prevent regenerating the error message.
For Windows Users:
- Launch Hulu in your favorite browser, and log in with your credentials.
- You should see a lock icon on the top of your browser before displaying the web address.
- Now, click on this icon and select the “Site Settings” option.
- Select the “Clear Data” option from the next screen to remove all the cookies and site data for that particular website.
- Reload the website to see if the Hulu Error Code Rununk13 Windows 10 issue is solved.
For Mobile Users:
- Launch the website on your mobile device and wait for it to load.
- Once loaded, click the “Lock” icon in the web address bar.
- Select the “Cookies and Site Data” option, and you will notice the cookies in use.
- Now, select the “Bin” icon in front of this data and select “Delete” to confirm the removal of all the cookies.
- Check to see if this fixes the Hulu Error Code Rununk13 issue.
Also Check: Hulu Error Code P-DEV340: How To Fix It Quickly?
Power Cycle Network Hardware
Sometimes, the issue might be with the DNS cache that your network has acquired. Luckily, you can regenerate this Cache quickly by performing a power cycle of your network equipment. For that:
- Unplug your internet router from the wall socket.
- Press and hold the “Power” button for at least 10 seconds.
- Plug the equipment back in and wait for the Router to turn on.
- After establishing the connection, check to see if the issue is still there..
Try to Use a Different Device
There are cases where a specific device Hulu prevents from accessing Hulu services due to bad traffic or suspicious motive. Therefore, we suggest you try to change the device you are using to stream Hulu and check if it works. If it does, you can then locate the Mac address of the banned device and contact support to get them to unblock that device.
Also Check: How To Fix The Hulu Error Code P-DEV320?
The error code means that there is an issue while connecting with the Hulu servers. When the network packets are sent from your device to the Hulu servers, an authentication of connection needs to be made. If this authentication isn’t made, Hulu may show an error message.
As explained, there can be several different reasons behind its occurrence. Some of the most prominent ones can be your internet speed being too slow. There may be a corrupted app cache or an outdated application. Also, you may see an error message if you don’t install the latest version of the browser. So, you should update the browser to include the latest security protocols.
Yes, if the error isn’t occurring due to the Hulu servers being down, you can fix this error by yourself. This will include deploying the solutions on your device mentioned in this post. One of these will surely fix the error and allow you to stream your content normally.
You can fix the error code easily by applying some basic solutions. These include updating your application to the latest version, clearing the corrupted Cache and removing older cookies/site data from the browser, keeping the browser up to date, and ensuring that your internet connection supports the required streaming bandwidth.
There can be different reasons why the Hulu Error Code Rununk13 occurs while trying to stream from Hulu. You can fix it quickly using some easy-to-deploy solutions. If you cannot fix this issue, you can contact Hulu Support.
Also Check: How To Fix The Paramount Plus Error Code 4200?