Hulu is one of the most widely used streaming platforms in the United States, but unfortunately, it is prone to getting some errors every now and then. Are you getting the Hulu Error Code P-Edu101? are you trying to stream when the IP address isn’t resolved with the Hulu servers to start the streaming sequence? In this article, we will discuss some of the reasons behind this issue and delve deeply into the solutions we can use to fix it.
Fixing Hulu Error Code P-Edu101
Why are you getting the Hulu Error Code P-Edu101?
The main reason this error is seen is that the IP address of your device doesn’t resolve with the Hulu servers. There can be many reasons for this, and we have discussed some of them below.
- VPN/Proxied Connection: Hulu is available only in the United States. So, if you use a proxy/VPN to connect from outside the United States, you might get the Hulu Error Code P-Edu101. There can be several different approaches that you can take to circumvent this, some of which we have discussed below.
- Corrupted Cache: In some cases, the cache that is used by the Hulu application to load up its resources quickly might be corrupted. This can mean that when the application tries to load using this corrupted data, it will run into issues and cause a disruption.
- DNS Resolution: The DNS servers configured by the internet connection may not resolve the IP address correctly. Due to this, you can face issues while receiving or sending packets to the Hulu server.
- Service Outage: There might be active server maintenance or other processes on Hulu’s end. Therefore, we recommend you check whether there is a global outage and proceed accordingly.
Now that you have understood the reasons behind this issue, you can start implementing the steps to fix it.
6 Steps On How to Fix Hulu Error Code P-Edu101
You can implement the following steps on your devices one by one until one of them fixes the error for you. Try them all in the presented order until one works, and Hulu usually starts streaming.
Check Hulu Servers for Outage
Sometimes, there might be maintenance work going on at the server’s end, or it might be temporarily down due to network disruption. If this is the case, all you can do on your end is wait until the service returns. To make sure, you can navigate here to check if the servers are also temporarily down for other users.
Test Internet Speed
Sometimes, the issue can be related to the internet connection that you are using. For 1080p streaming, you need at least a stable bandwidth of 8Mbps or more. Therefore, we suggest you test your internet speed using the following steps.
- Launch your browser and navigate to this site.
- Then, click the “Go” button to start the internet speed test.
- After the test finishes, carefully monitor the “Download” speed and check if the “Latency” is normal.
Check VPN Connection
In most cases, if the error is being faced while using a VPN outside of the US, your VPN is the problem. Either it is bouncing the proxy off a server that isn’t in the US, or the Hulu server is detecting it. Therefore, we suggest that you try to reconnect to a US-based server, and if that doesn’t work, try to use a more prominent VPN like Nord VPN or Express VPN.
We recommend disconnecting from your VPN if you reside inside the United States. Then, check if the non-proxied connection allows you to stream correctly.
Clear out the Application’s Cache
If the application cache is corrupted, it will prevent it from being able to load correctly and therefore cause the Hulu error code P-Edu101. To clear out this cache:
- Drag down from the top to open the notifications panel and select the “Settings” button.
- Now, click the “Apps” button inside the settings and select “Manage Apps”.
- From the list of installed applications, select “Hulu” and click on “Manage Storage” or the “Storage” option.
- Select “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data” to remove the cached data from the device.
- This will force the app to create a new cache and remove the corrupted one.
- Check to see if this fixes the error code P-Edu101.
Smart TV & Consoles
- Navigate to the settings and select “Applications” from the list.
- From the list of installed apps, select “Hulu” and then click on the “Clear Cache” or the “Clear Cache & Data” button.
- Verify if you can stream Hulu normally.
- Launch your browser and press “CTRL + H” from the keyboard.
- Select the “Clear Browsing Data” option and select “All Time” from the range.
- After that, select the “Clear Data” button to remove the browsing data and check to see if this fixes the streaming issue.
Clear out DNS Cache
You can clear out the DNS cache on your Windows computer to resolve the IP address correctly. You can do this by implementing the steps below.
- While on your desktop, press “Windows + R” to start the Run prompt.
- Type “cmd” and press “Enter” to start the command prompt.
- Type in the “ipconfig /flushdns” command in the command prompt. Then, press “Enter” to execute the command.
- After flushing the DNS, type in “ipconfig /release” and press “Enter” to release the IP configuration on the attached network devices.
- Finally, enter “ipconfig /renew” and press “Enter” from the keyboard to renew the IP configuration.
- Check to see if you have fixed Hulu error code P-Edu101.
Reinstall Hulu Application
A simple reinstall might save you hours of troubleshooting. Because it can refresh installation files and configurations, which can be the remedy in some cases. Follow these steps to reinstall on your mobile device.
- Unlock your device and search for the Hulu app from your App Drawer.
- Press and hold the Hulu app’s icon to see the “Uninstall” option.
- After that, please select it and follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall it completely.
- Now, launch the “Play Store” or “Apple Store” and search for the application.
- Once found, download it, and install it on your device.
- Check to see if this fixes the Hulu error code P-Edu101.
Also Check: How to Fix Hulu Error Code 504 (Gateway Timeout)
The error is most likely related to an issue with your internet connection or the application itself. Using the methods above, you should be able to fix it completely. Feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance with this issue.
Also Check: How To Fix Hulu Error Code P-Edu122