You finally get back home after a long day at work and can’t wait to access your favorite shows. But, alas! You run into the Hulu Error Code P-Dev318 while trying to stream. In this article, we have included all the possible fixes you can apply to fix this issue. And have also written a detailed note on what this error means. In addition to that, we have also highlighted some core reasons why the problem happens.
What Does Hulu Error Code P-Dev318 Mean?
You must be asking yourself this question, what does the Hulu Error Code P-Dev318 even mean? Luckily, we have an answer for you. The error means that when your computer sent a stream of network bits to Hulu’s servers, it didn’t receive a response. To sum it up, it couldn’t establish a connection with the Hulu servers. Also, this can occur for many reasons, some of which we have discussed below.
Why Is The Hulu Error Code P-Dev318 Being Shown?
There are 7 most common reasons why the Hulu error P-DEV318 error occurs:
- Lack of Internet Connection Requirements: Suppose the internet connection that you are using doesn’t provide enough bandwidth. You will notice the error. Hulu recommends having at least 8Mbps of downstream bandwidth to stream in HD. If your service doesn’t match this requirement, we suggest you upgrade your connection.
- Wireless Signal Interruption: Sometimes, another device or electrical equipment can interrupt your wireless signal. This can only occur on a wireless network and if there are a lot of electrical devices in your surrounding. It is very likely.
- The network is Blocking Hulu: If the network that you are using blocks certain websites, there is a chance Hulu is one of them. Usually, campus and office networks place such restrictions. You need to verify if this is the case.
- Proxied Connection: Using a proxied connection can end up causing the Hulu Error Code P-Dev318 issue. This is because streaming services don’t condone the use of a VPN. And often prevent such connections. Therefore, using a VPN might be the reason behind this issue.
- Outdated Application: If your did not update the Hulu app, then you can get the error. Because your app does not have the latest protocols. The Hulu servers require these protocols; sometimes, they prevent your connection due to their absence.
- Expired Cache: Hulu caches data to speed up the loading time. You can get the Hulu Error Code P-Dev318 issue if this cached data is expired or corrupt. Luckily, this cache data regenerates quickly and stores on the computer.
- App not Installed Properly: If you install the app improperly on your computer, then you will face this issue. Thus, we suggest you try reinstalling the app as done below.
9 Ways On How To Fix The Hulu Error Code P-Dev318
As you have already known why this issue occurs, you can fix the error using the methods that we have highlighted below. You can apply the most of these yourself without any assistance from a technician.
1. Check if Your Internet is Working Properly
The Internet connection that you are using must meet the requirements for proper streaming. In addition, you also want to ensure there isn’t any loss or jitter in your connection. For this purpose, you can use a speed test tool to verify your connection. For that:
- Launch your browser and go here.
- Once on the site, click the “Start” button to initiate the test.
- After the test finishes, make sure to check the figures for “Download“, “Upload,” and “Jitter“.
- Ensure that the download speed is above 8Mbps and Upload Speed is above 2Mbps.
- Ensure the “Jitter” isn’t very high, above 20.
- After doing this, you can decide whether your internet connection is up to par.
Also Check: Hulu Error Code P-DEV340: How To Fix It Quickly?
2. Use Wired Connection
Sometimes, using a wireless connection lands you in trouble due to interference. This comes from other electronic devices. This is because all connected devices that use wireless try to connect to the Wi-Fi network and choke up the bandwidth. Thus, we suggest using a wired connection to fix the Hulu Error Code P-Dev318 issue.
3. Hulu May Be Blocking Your Network
If you are using an internet connection that is blocking some sites. It is possible that Hulu might be one of them. Thus, we suggest you contact the network administrator. Then ask them if they have blocked the website. You can try to convince them to unblock the website, but first, you must ensure it is indeed blocked. For that:
- Turn on the “Hotspot” on your mobile device and connect your computer to it.
- Try to access Hulu and check to see if it allows you to connect.
- Check to see if the service works. If it does, then it means that your network is blocking it.
Also Check: How To Fix The Hulu Error Code P-DEV320?
4. Turn off your VPN
Using a Proxied connection helps in masking your location. But Hulu and other streaming services don’t allow proxied connections as this prevents the stream from starting. Thus, we suggest you temporarily disable your VPN and check to see if that will enable you to connect. If it does, it probably means that your VPN service is getting detected by Hulu. You can try to use another VPN that allows you to connect to Hulu.
Also Check: Hulu Error Code P-TS207: Top 10 Ways To Fix It
5. Install Latest Updates
Sometimes, the Hulu app can be outdated. Therefore, the Hulu Error Code P-Dev318 problem may occur. Thus, you can try to install the latest available updates on your device and check if that allows you to fix this issue. For that:
On Android Device:
- Launch your device, unlock it, and select the “PlayStore‘ icon from the app drawer.
- Now, inside the PlayStore app, select the “Account” icon and click the “Manage Apps and Device” button.
- Select the “See Details” option below the “Updates Available” screen after this.
- Then, from the list of available updates, select “Hulu” and click on “Update“.
- After the update installs, check if the Hulu Error Code P-Dev318 issue is not there.
- Launch into the Appstore and select the profile icon from the top.
- Scroll down; you should see the list of apps requiring updates.
- Click Hulu’s update button and wait for the update to install.
- Check to see if this fixes the issue at hand.
Also Check: How To Fix Hulu Error Code Rununk13?
6. Remove Cache
If the cache on your device is corrupt, you can try to clear it so that it will regenerate. This can help in fixing the issue and to do that:
Fix Hulu Error Code P-Dev318 on Android:
- Launch your device and unlock it with your credentials.
- Now, scroll down from the top and select “Settings“.
- In settings, select the “Applications” button.
- Select “Hulu” and then “Storage” from the list of apps.
- Select the “Clear Cache” and the “Clear Data” button.
- Check if this fixes the Hulu Error Code P-Dev318 issue.
Fix Hulu Error Code P-Dev318 on iPhone:
- Click on the Hulu app and hold for a while.
- Select the “Remove App” button once it appears.
- Install the app again after downloading it from the App Store.
- Check to see if this helps in clearing the error.
Remove Cache on FireStick TV:
- Open “Settings” and select “Applications“.
- Click the “Manage Installed Applications” option and select “Hulu” from there.
- Click “Clear Cache” and then “Clear Data” options.
- Check if this fixes the Hulu Error Code P-Dev318 on the TV issue.
Also Check: How To Fix Hulu Error Code P-Edu125?
7. Reinstall the Hulu Application
Sometimes, the Hulu app might not be installed properly on your device. So, you can try to remove it entirely and install it after downloading it from the respective store. For that:
- Unlock your device and select and hold the Hulu app from the app drawer.
- Drag this Hulu app to the “Uninstall” button that appears.
- Confirm the prompt to remove the app from your device.
- Search the play store for the “Hulu” app.
- Then, click the “Install” button to add the app.
- After the app installs, log in with your credentials and check if the Hulu Error Code P-Dev318 on the Phone issue has gone.
- Unlock your iOS device and find the Hulu app.
- Press and hold on to the app’s icon and select the “Remove App” button.
- Wait for the completion of the app removal and download it again from the AppStore.
- After downloading, try to install it on your device. Then, check whether the Hulu Error Code P-Dev318 on iPhone issue is there.
Also Check: How to Fix Hulu Error Code P-Edu101?
8. Perform a Clean Restart of your Streaming Device
There have been cases where the streaming equipment prevents proper content streaming. While there could be many reasons behind this, we recommend you perform a power cycle on your equipment to fix the Hulu Error Code P-Dev318 on the TV issue. For that:
Fix Hulu Error Code P-Dev318 on TV:
- Unplug your TV Streaming device, and other devices.
- Remove the power cable for the TV and press and hold its power button for at least 20 seconds.
- Now, plug the TV back in and other associated devices.
- Check and clarify if you can fix the Hulu Error Code P-Dev318 issue on your TV.
Also Check: How To Fix Hulu Error Code P-Edu122?
9. Contact Hulu Support Team
There are some cases where a specific group of people may notice this issue mostly. As such, there could be a particular reason why this issue occurs for you that doesn’t fit under any broad spectrum. Thus, we strongly suggest you let the Hulu support team know about this and consult with them. For that, you can contact them here.
The error is seen after your device fails to establish a secure connection with the Hulu servers. It is thrown to let you know that there is a problem with the connectivity with the server that needs to be fixed. Thus, the error is there to let you know about the issue.
Hulu is mostly only available inside the United States and doesn’t stream outside. However, many users use a VPN connection to mask their original location and pretend to be from the USA to use their services.
You cannot officially use a VPN, as Hulu doesn’t allow it. But, Hulu cannot detect many VPNs, and many users use them to stream their favorite content.
No, you can’t do that. This is because Hulu allows a maximum of two connections per account simultaneously. However, if you subscribe to their Live TV membership, you can use unlimited screens.
Also Check: How to Fix Hulu Error Code 504 (Gateway Timeout)
The Hulu Error Code P-Dev318, mainly occurs because of connectivity issues between the client and the server. You can fix these issues usually by implementing remedies, as mentioned in the article. However, if you are still facing the problem, feel free to reach out so we can provide more details.
Also Read: How To Fix Hulu Error Code 500?