You’ve just returned from work; you boot up your console to play your favorite game and encounter the Error Code NP 34958 9. Not only is that a buzzkill, but now you must go through many different forums to fix the issue. But you won’t have to do that. In this article, we have compiled all the different methods you will need to fix Error Code NP 34958 9. Now only that, we will also be telling you about the error and why it occurs on your console. Make sure to go through the listed methods one by one until one of them fixes the issue for you.
What is the Error Code NP 34958 9?
Basically, the Error Code NP 34958 9 indicates that your connection with the PSN service is down. Also, users have indicated that they are facing issues while playing activated games. The error indicates that your connection cannot establish a stable connection with PSN. Such error codes are pretty familiar to users who play on the internet and can usually be fixed.
The Error Code NP 34958 9 influences all the digital games in your library. So, this means you won’t be able to play them unless the connection is reestablished. Over recent years, digital libraries have accounted for over 50% of the total sales, which makes this a big issue. Below, we have discussed several reasons you can see this error on your device.
What Causes the Error Code NP 34958 9 Issue?
Plenty of different reasons exist behind the Error Code NP 34958 9. But, in most cases, the following are the paramount things you should be looking out for.
- Wi-Fi Signals: It is possible that your device isn’t getting the proper signals. Thus, we recommend that you should try to switch to a wired connection. This will involve setting up a LAN connection inside the PlayStation, which we have detailed below.
- Glitched Login: Sometimes, when you log in to your account on the console, it doesn’t register properly. This happens when the login token doesn’t process with the server and causes the Error Code NP-34958-9. To fix this, you can try to reinitiate the entire process by attempting to log in again.
- Connection Issue: The internet connection that you are using may be currently down or unstable. When this happens, you can always try to switch to a different one and see if this is the case. You can use the mobile’s Hotspot and connect to it.
- PS4 Activation: You must activate your current PS4 as your primary one. We have seen cases where the secondary PS4 couldn’t play the game. You can go into your settings and make this change as instructed below.
- Glitched Licenses: For some users, their PS4 license can get deactivated or expire to cause the Error Code NP 34958 9. In such a case, you can try restoring the servers’ licenses. This process will involve connecting to an internet connection and restoring the licenses. We have written in detail about this below.
- DNS Issues: The DNS servers on your PS4 are very important in establishing the connection with the internet. If these servers aren’t configured correctly, you won’t have access to the internet. Doing so will also lose access to your game’s library.
- Account Issue: If your PS4 account has a lot of devices associated with it, you can run into issues while playing on one of them. When this happens, you can remove some devices from your account. After that, you can add the one on which you want to play to fix the issue.
- Router Glitched: The internet router can sometimes acquire corrupt configurations or cache. When this happens, you can clear out the cache by performing a complete restart. We have detailed the method of doing so in the steps below.
How to Fix Error Code NP 34958 9?
Now that you know why the error occurs, you can finally move on to implementing the solutions.
Solution 1: Power Cycle your Router
If the internet router that you are using is glitched, you will run into the issue. Thus, we recommend initiating a complete power cycle of your router. To do so:
- Turn off the Internet Router from the “Power Button” on its back.
- After the router turns off, remove its power plug.
- Press and hold the power button on the router for at least 10 seconds with the power plug removed.
- Now, plug the power plug back into the wall socket.
- Press the “Power Button” on the back of the router to turn it on.
- Check to see if this fixes the Error Code NP 34958 9 issue.
Also CHeck: How To Fix The Paramount Plus Error Code 4200?
Solution 2: Log In Again
Sometimes, when you log in on your PlayStation, your login token doesn’t process properly. Thus, you must try logging out of your account on your console. After that, wait for some time before attempting to log in again. This has fixed the issue for some people. Check if this fixes the Error Code NP-34958-9 issue.
Solution 3: Reconfigure Account Management
PlayStation lists the devices that are connected to your account. You can try to remove them and sign back into your account. To do that:
- Head on over to the PlayStation website.
- From there, sign in with your information.
- Now, go to the “Device Management” option. You will find all your PlayStation consoles there. Try to remove all of them.
- Now, launch your console and then sign on to your console.
- This will add the console back in.
Solution 4: Activate your PS4 as Primary
Sometimes, the PS4 you are playing on might not be the primary one. To fix this, you can try to activate your PS4 as the primary one. For this:
- Open the console’s settings and select the “Account Management” option.
- Click the “Activate as your Primary PS4” option on the account management screen.
- Now, click on the “Activate” button.
- If the “Activate” button is grayed out, select “Deactivate” and then select “Activate“.
- Check if this fixes your device’s Error Code NP 34958 9.
Also Check: How To Fix Xbox Error Code 0x80190190?
Solution 5: Restore PS4 Licenses
When you play on your PS4, it checks and matches specific licenses with its server. If the licenses don’t match, it can trigger many different errors. Thus, you can try to restore the licenses using the steps that we have listed below.
- From your PS4, open the “Settings“.
- Inside the settings, click on the “Account Management” option.
- From the account management screen, select “Restore Licenses“.
- This should prompt a warning. Ignore it and select the “Restore” button.
- Wait for the licenses to be restored.
- After that, check if the error is now fixed.
Solution 6: Switch to a LAN Connection
Wi-Fi can sometimes be unstable or even unusable. This becomes especially true if the internet router is too far from your console. Thus, you should make sure to switch over to a LAN cable. For this, follow the steps shown below:
- Disconnect from your Wi-Fi connection.
- Plug the LAN cable into your router and your console.
- Open your console settings and select the “Network” option.
- Inside the network options, choose “Set Up Internet Connection“.
- Select the “Use a LAN cable“.
- Now, use the “Automatic” option for all the settings that come after, or use the default options.
- Set up your connection to see if this fixes the Error Code NP-34958-9.
Also CHeck: How To Fix Hulu Error Code 504 (Gateway Timeout)
Solution 7: Switch DNS Servers
Sometimes, the DNS servers your console uses to connect to the internet can be down or faulty. To fix this, you can try to switch to the Google DNS servers. They are usually very responsive and work great. For that:
- Launch into your console’s settings.
- From the settings, click on the “Network” button.
- Inside Network, select the “Set Up Internet Connection” option.
- According to your connection, select either the “LAN” or “Wi-Fi” button.
- Select “Custom” in the “How do you Want to set up your connection” option.
- Now, select the “Automatic” and the “Do Not Specify” options for the “IP Address” and the “DHCP Host” settings, respectively.
- After this, select the “Manual” button for the “DNS Settings” option.
- Enter “184.108.40.206” in the primary and “220.127.116.11” in the secondary fields.
- Click on “Next” and save your settings.
- Check to see if this fixes the NP-34958-9 error at hand.
Also Check: How To Fix Roblox Error Code 268?
Solution 8: Switch to a Hotspot Connection
Users discovered they could use a different one if their connection were at fault. For this, you can utilize the hotspot feature on your mobile device. It will allow you to siphon from your mobile data and use it on your console. For that:
- First of all, disconnect from the current connection.
- Make sure that the Hotspot on your mobile device is turned ON.
- After that, open the console’s settings.
- Select the “Network” option from the settings.
- Then, select the “Set Up Internet Connection” button.
- Now, select the “Use Wi-Fi” button and then select the Wi-Fi that you created using the Hotspot.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect to this Wi-Fi.
- Check to see if this fixes the Error Code NP-34958-9.
Also Check: Twitch Error 3000 | 12 Ways To Fix It Fast
Solution 9: Check the PSN Server Status
If you’ve tried all of the fixes and still cannot seem to fix the issue, the PSN servers may be down. This can happen every once in a while when maintenance is required on the servers. To verify this, you can head to their status check website. For that:
- Open a browser on a computer and head on over to playstation site.
- On the site, check to see if the PSN servers are up.
- If they aren’t, it should mean that the issue isn’t isolated to your console.
- You must wait until they fix the problems with their servers.
Also Check: What Is Zoom Error Code 1001 | How To Fix Guide?
For most users, the issue means an error with the internet connection that they are using. However, for some, it can be due to their account management. Regardless, we have listed the solutions for why this error might occur. If you still face the Error Code NP 34958 9 issue, try to take it up with PlayStation Support.
Also Check: How To Fix Alexa Error 701?