Roblox is one of those games with many mini-games that users can create and enjoy. However, users get the Roblox Error Code 268 while joining one of these games. In this article, we will discuss in detail exactly what this error code means. In addition, we will also list some of the most prominent reasons you are seeing this error. Ultimately, we will include a detailed guide to help you fix the 268 error in Roblox.
What Is the Roblox Error Code 268?
While trying to create or join a game, users get the error 268. The message reads,
“You have been kicked due to unexpected client behavior. (Error Code: 268)”.
This error means that there was an interference while creating or joining the game. This interference prevents you from being able to join or start the game. The interference can come from third-party software or a trainer that you may be using.
Why Are You Getting The Roblox Error Code 268?
The most noteworthy reasons behind the occurrence of this issue are as follows.
- Glitched Startup: It is possible that the Roblox game had problems while starting up. This can range from some important assets not loading to the operating system not being able to load the assets properly. To fix this, you can restart your console, which should fix it completely.
- Admin permissions: If the game doesn’t have admin permissions to access and manipulate protected folders. The Roblox Error Code 268 can occur. Thus, you should ensure the game runs in admin mode. On Windows, this can be configured from the game’s properties.
- Roblox Servers Down: From time to time, Roblox takes down the servers for maintenance. If that is happening right now, you might face this error. Thus, we recommend you check online to see if other users are also facing this issue. If they are, it would mean that the servers are currently down.
- Internet Issue: Sometimes, the internet connection that you are using can prevent you from creating a game. This happens if the internet connection is experiencing interference or loss. Thus, we suggest you try changing the internet connection and recheck.
- Installation Issue: If you did not install the game properly, you can get the Roblox Error Code 268. Thus, we suggest that you try to remove the game entirely and then install it again. This will refresh the game installation and provide you with a fresh set of files.
- DNS cache: The DNS cache is responsible for quickly resolving the DNS. However, when corrupt, the DNS cache won’t be able to do this properly. Thus, it may cause error 268 with Roblox. To fix this, you can clear out the DNS cache, which the router will then regenerate.
- Firewall Blockage: The Windows Firewall may be blocking the game from running. This happens when the Firewall detects the game as suspicious and prevents it from connecting. You can add an exception in the game or allow it through the Firewall to fix this.
- Browser Extensions: If you are playing directly from the browser, extensions can prevent you from doing so. This happens if the server detects that you are using cheats/mods or trainers in the browser. To prevent this, it cancels your connection and throws the Roblox Error Code 268.
- Location Issue: The location your internet connection is coming from matters a lot. If you are using your actual location, you may get the error. This happens if the game detects or bans many accounts from a particular area. To fix this, you can employ a VPN or proxied connection.
You can start implementing the solutions now that you know why the error occurs.
9 Quick Solutions On How To Fix The Roblox Error Code 268
Solution 1: Check Roblox Server Outage
It is sometimes possible that the Roblox server is currently down. These servers are taken down from time to time to ensure that they have the latest protocols. After they come back up, you should be able to connect normally. To check if the server is down:
- Launch the web browser and then open a new tab.
- Click here to go to the website to check if the server is down.
- If you receive multiple reports from people who are not able to play, it means that the server is down.
- Now, you can only wait while the servers come back up.
- When they do, try to connect again and check if you get the Roblox Error Code 268.
- If you don’t find any reports of the server being down, try the methods below.
Solution 2: Restart your Device
Sometimes, the issue can be related to your device not starting up properly. This happens when the launch configurations aren’t loaded properly on the device. In such a case, specific applications may not launch properly. To fix this, you can initiate a clean restart. For that:
- Press “Alt + F4” on your desktop from your keyboard.
- When the “Shut Down Windows” box opens, select “Restart” from the dropdown.
- Click on “OK” to initiate the restart.
- Check to see if the issue is gone after the restart finishes.
- Press and hold the “Power and Volume Increase” button.
- Now, slide the “Slide to power off” button to turn off the iPhone.
- After doing this, start the phone back up.
- Check if this fixes the Roblox Error Code 268 iOS issue.
- Press and hold the “Power” button for an extended period.
- When the power options show up, select the “Power Off” button.
- When the phone powers off, turn it back on.
- Check if the Roblox Error Code 268 Android issue is gone.
Also Check: Roblox Error Code 103: How To Fix It Quickly?
Solution 3: Test your Internet Connection
The internet connection that you are using may not be properly working. To check this, we will be performing a speed test. A speed test lets us know the details of our connection and its properties. To complete the speed test:
- Start a browser and open a new tab.
- Click here to go to the speed test website.
- From the website, select “GO” which will start the testing process.
- Wait for the test to analyze your network.
- Once it finishes, check the “Download“, “Upload” speed, and the “Loss“.
- Once found, ensure that the download speed is greater than 8Mbps and the Upload is greater than 2Mbps. And the loss is less than 4%.
Solution 4: Run the game in Admin mode
Admin permissions are required if the game wants to manipulate protected folders. Also, they may require writing on the system drive. Thus, we will manage the game’s properties in this step to provide it with admin permissions. To do that:
- Right-click on the Roblox icon on your desktop.
- Select “Properties” from the menu.
- Click on the “Compatibility” tab from the top and then check the “Run as Administrator” box.
- Once checked, click “Apply” and then “OK“.
- Check to see if doing so fixes the Roblox Error Code 268.
Solution 5: Flush the DNS Cache
Sometimes, the DNS cache can prevent the router from being able to identify the DNS network. Thus, we will remove this corrupt DNS cache to replace it. Once replaced, the new DNS cache should allow us to connect to the DNS more efficiently. To do this:
- Press “Windows + R” from the keyboard.
- After that, type in “cmd“.
- Now, press the “Shift + CTRL + ENTER” keys from the keyboard to start in admin mode.
- After that, type the following commands one by one and press “Enter” after each.
- netsh winsock reset
- ipconfig /flushdns
- Check if the issue is gone after executing these commands.
Solution 6: Allow the game through the Firewall
The Firewall may be blocking the game from running on your computer. This happens when the Firewall detects the game as suspicious. Thus, we will add the game to the safe list to prevent this. To do that:
- Press “Windows + R” to launch Run.
- Type in “Firewall.cpl” inside the Run prompt and press “Enter” to start the Firewall control panel.
- From there, select “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” from the left side.
- Select “Change Settings” to be able to manipulate the boxes.
- Now, make sure that you check the “Public” and “Private” options for Roblox.
- Select “OK” to save your changes.
- Now that Roblox is allowed through the Firewall check if the Roblox Error Code 268 issue is gone.
Solution 7: Disable Browser Extensions
Sometimes, if you are playing on your browser, the extensions can cause errors. This happens if the server suspects the extensions of being trainers or cheats. Thus, to fix this, you can simply turn off the extensions and see if the game works. For that:
- Launch the browser that you play the game in.
- From the right side, click on the “Menu” button.
- Now, from the menu, select “Settings“.
- Inside settings, click on the “Extensions” button on the left.
- Now, make sure to turn OFF all installed extensions.
- After turning off the extensions, check if the Roblox Error Code 268 is gone.
Also Check: How To Fix Roblox Error Code 267?
Solution 8: Use VPN
Sometimes, there might be an area ban active on the server. This rarely happens if a lot of lousy traffic comes from a specific location. Thus, to avoid this, you can use a VPN or a proxied connection. What happens with VPNs is that they bounce your connection off of a server. This server may be from a different location than yours. So it can fix the issue. We recommend that you use a well-rated and reputable VPN.
Solution 9: Reinstall the Game
It is possible that you did not install the game properly. This happens when, during the installation, there is a storage failure or an interruption. Thus, you can try to reinstall the game entirely as a last resort to fix this. To do this:
- Press “Windows + I” and select the “Apps” option on the left side.
- From the apps, select the “Installed Apps” button on the right side of the screen.
- Now, you will see a list of all installed applications.
- From this list, search for “Roblox” and select the “Three Dots” in front of the game.
- Now, select “Uninstall” to initiate the uninstallation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and delete the game.
- Now, download and install the game again from their website.
- After installation, check whether it has fixed the Roblox Error Code 268.
Also Check: Roblox Error Code 279: How To Fix It Quickly?
The error indicates an interference between your game and the server. This interference between the client and the server can come from several reasons.
Yes, if the issue is at your end and not at the server’s, you can fix the problem on your own. For that, we have listed several methods that you can use.
The Roblox Error Code 268 is related to client and server interference. This interference can be from the server side, but mostly, it comes from the internet connection. So, to fix this, you can employ a variety of different methods. Some of them include clearing your DNS cache, checking if the server is down, or reinstalling the game. Also, we have listed some other methods in this guide. But, if you are still unable to fix the issue, we recommend contacting or contacting the Roblox support forums.