Here, we have discussed the important factors to consider when applying an LMS. The boom in education is represented in devices, applications, equipment, and modern technologies. And, that make teaching and learning more enjoyable, effective, efficient, and productive.
The Technological Breakthrough in the Learning Process
Learning is the mainstay in the progress of countries. Every country that seeks to progress is keen to continue applying the new strategies in the learning process; to keep pace with current technology.
In light of the technological development that has dominated all aspects of life in the current era. Also, traditional learning systems are not in line with the learning process’s needs in the present era. Alternatives must be sought to keep pace with technological development.
Many technological innovations have emerged, aiming to focus on modern strategies in education to get rid of the traditional methods; used and replace them with patterns compatible with the aspirations of the new generation.
E-learning is one of the modern learning strategies, its a relatively modern method of education. The basic concept depends on the learner being located; in a place different from the book, teacher, or even a group of learners. Students receive their lessons remotely through equipment far from them. Students benefit from this equipment and take their lessons using modern and different means of communication.
Some believe that e-learning is synonymous with online education. Indeed, online education is one of the means of e-learning.
The most critical applications of e-learning are:
- LMS- Learning Management System
- CMS- Content Management System
- SMS- School Management System
- LCMS- Learning Content Management System
In our article, we will feature the learning management system(LMS). as it is one of the most critical applications and tools of e-learning.
What is a Learning Management System(LMS)?
LMS, the e-learning tool that radically changed the learning process and made it an enjoyable process.
A learning management system (LMS) is a software application for; the administration, documentation, tracking, reporting, automation, and delivery of educational courses, training programs, or learning and development programs. The learning management system concept emerged directly from e-Learning.
The learning management system is a virtual system that we can run on computers, mobile devices, or smart devices; in general through Internet access to facilitate access to the contents and management of the educational process; without any restriction by time or place.
The Learning Management System is a platform that has not only made learning easy. But It has revolutionized the way students learn, as it is a dynamic, inclusive, and accessible.
Learning System Management has many features and advantages that offer many benefits to students. And all parties of the learning process alike. It is the perfect and convenient environment for learning and applying to millions of educational institutions worldwide.
Why To Consider for Applying An LMS
- Fast delivery of multimedia educational content
- Helps to monitor and evaluate student performance and achievement
- Facilitate delivering announcements to all students and teachers within the educational institution
- Enabling students to submit exams and homework remotely
- Enabling teachers to receive and evaluate tests and homework remotely
- Enable communication between all members of the educational process
Criteria and Conditions to Consider When Applying the LMS
For Learning Management System
- Alignment with the education plan and institutional goals
- The system should be easy to install and easy to deal with
- It must have interaction with various tasks directed to the teacher and student.
- The ability to evolve and to suit modern cognitive and technical requirements.
- Be customizable to fit the style and requirements of each organization. By allocating development services to meet the different needs of each organization.
- The possible future expansion and change in terms of school growth; and the permanent increase in student and classroom numbers should be taken into account. The learning management system must develop, expand, and adapt to the institution’s increasing needs.
- When choosing the LMS, you have to specify a period; in which the learning management system must cover the expected expansion.
- It is also necessary to evaluate the technical support service or the after-sales service and take into consideration; whether you will be able to use the program in a free trial period. Or must the full version be purchased? What about training
Enterprise- Related Criteria To Consider When Applying The LMS
Suitable curriculum, to implement a successful and beneficial learning experience for students. Also, there must be sufficient and good curriculum with its tools, by preparing the curriculum. Also, that will be included in the LMS with its materials in hard copy or digital copy. Instructions and guidelines must also be set up in the same manner. Then the student and the team will learn how to deal with this curriculum
It provides comprehensive infrastructure, fast communication, modern computer labs, and computer networks. For providing the physical potential of the equipment, furniture, and premises to be relied upon.
Providing the necessary software and technical components.
It provides the workforce of designers, trainers, and specialists to train common groups. Moreover, develop the human component in qualifying supervisors, managers, teachers, students, and the school’s executive team.
Realizing the cultural changes required to succeed.
Where resistance can arise to change, therefore officials must be trained on how to use the system; and includes training of members of the e-learning team and its administrators, teachers, and others; before and during the application, through preparation programs. Short, intensive, and repeated training sessions; provided that these exercises are sufficient and adequate, and includes theoretical and practical topics; and carried out by experts and specialists.
- Appropriate training for content designers, teachers, students, and professionals.
- Students and teachers must have high computer skills.
Sensitizing the educational system
(the teacher, the learner, the educational institution, the home, society, and the environment)
- About the importance, how and effectiveness of e-learning and
- The learning management systems and its many advantages,
- To create the interaction between this system,
- And, to train them on how to use this technology.
- Appropriate training for educational content designers, teachers, students, and IT professionals.
It is essential to know that there is no better program than the other. Also, each has its advantages and disadvantages. So you should choose the program that is appropriate for your company’s needs and budget. So take good care of the planning stage so that you choose the best. Moreover, if you find it challenging to determine which program is best for you. You can hire content management experts to help you with this task.