E-learning has taken a new version amid the pandemic. Today learners are educating themselves with the help of e-learning mode only. Thanks to the rapid advancement of technology which makes it easier to consume. Most of the educational institutions have switched to e-learning mode rather than traditional ones.
This post will reveal a few unknown secrets and facts about e-learning noted by assignment makers online. Let’s roll the intro without further ado.
What is e-learning?
E-learning is electronic-based learning done by various gadgets like computers, mobiles, and others. Its various examples are Web-based training, Internet-based training, computer-aided distance education, and others.
It is different from traditional learning, where audio, video, text, animations, and virtual training environments with professors. (The blow content is based on statistics of USA)
Distance education is used with students’ professional interests and fields of study.
Many educational institutions focus on e-learning and continually upgrading their portfolios with distance courses; and online training tailored to students’ needs.
- Amongst 20.2 million college students in America over the past few years; approximately 5.8 million, 30% of them have enrolled in distance education in one form or another.
- Graduate participation in distance education has increased from 21% to 32% in the last three years.
- Because only 16% of undergraduates attended distance education in 2003-2004, online learning is increasing.
Age no bars
In online education, your age does not matter, but your will power does.
E-learning provides opportunities for people of any age and can eliminate social, gender, and economic inequalities. Few data reports show that distance education is very diverse.
The majority of the students of all ages are studying via online medium. Because, one of the many benefits of e-learning is that it provides the comfort, navigation, and flexibility; that every student is looking for.
- Only 4.5% of students aged 15–23 attended online courses, and 3.2% of these students obtained fully online degrees.
- Only 10.4% of 24-30-year-olds enrolled in online courses, and only 8% of this group graduated through distance education.
- 15.9% of more than 30-year-olds have worked their college entirely online; and 13% of them have graduated through just one online course.
E-learning courses make you learn faster
In today’s date, companies want their people to learn fast to meet dynamic expectations.
E-learning is perfectly adequate to meet this need. The Brandon-Hall study found that learning online compared to traditional classroom learning usually requires 40% to 60% less employee time.
- In the e-learning situation, students performed better than those who received face-to-face education.
- E-Learning helped participants learn about five times more content.
- Among online students, 37% said they enrolled because of the fast courses; and saw it as a fast track to achieving the degree they wanted.
E-learning: Eco-friendly learning
Oh, mobile learning is eco-friendly. The corporate world is looking to perform its tasks in an environmentally friendly manner. Also, they help train online learning format companies in an environmentally friendly manner.
- E-learning requires no paper and uses fewer resources, which saves a lot of energy.
- It costs an average of 90% less energy and 85% less CO2 emissions in e-learning courses than face-to-face training.
- A reduction in the amount of travel will also have an impact. In addition to the pollutant, e-learning saves money and time. Also, the average American spends 51 minutes a day from work/training and spends 8,758 a year on transportation.
Numerous companies are using e-learning, and its number is increasing day by day. Many research data shows that its market will grow by 17.81% annually till 2021. So it’s worth investing your resources and considering your participation in this thrilling process.
In this segment of the post, we will discuss its importance. Why is e-learning important for educators and learners both?
Perks that e-learning delivers to educators and learners
Easy to access
One of the significant perks of e-learning is accessing information from anywhere at any time. So, the most convenient method to collect information and knowledge interactively is possible via this platform. Here, students can grasp knowledge by various means like live lectures, chat sessions where they can interact with educators virtually.
Changing the test rules
In addition to changing the way education seekers use content; the online mode has also brought about a positive development in the examination process. It helps students to understand more attractively and interestingly. It fulfills resources by eliminating the need for staff, stationery, campus facilities, furniture, etc.
A boon for self-learners
With so many benefits at every step, online education has redefined ‘convenience’ for learners and educators. The rapid adoption of smartphones and other screen gadgets; and increasing reliance on data have opened up a new possibility of mobile-based education. It came as a model to allow self-learners to take a sample before deciding and choosing a course.
Amid the pandemic, we witnessed many learners switched to mobile-based learning. Even the learners who need assignment help can easily knock on the doors to do my assignment online.
Improves teacher-learning bond
As more and more educational institutions are warming up with the idea of making academic content available online, learners must adapt to this changing trend. In a dynamic online setup, both the teacher and the student can learn from each other and walk the innovation and knowledge path by keeping interactive.
In today’s scenario, the teacher’s role is switched from limited information owners to facilitators and guides. It is best supported through a digital format, where teaching gives way to experiential learning.
This platform allows teachers to find creative ways to make the best use of class time. Besides, allow students to sharpen their technical perspective to achieve maximum value.
In a nutshell, every human has the right to education and get a promising career. As we have entered into the tech era, we require new means of learning, which is fulfilled by e-learning platforms. Even corporates are offering e-learning solutions, which makes learning interactive.
Learners today are more engaged in screen gadgets than textbooks. They can utilize their precious time to gain information from e-learning solutions. The world is transforming, and with the changing time, humans also evolve. This is a digital revolution where education is a must; for that purpose, e-learning is a useful tool to educate each child on this earth.
It’s a platform where teachers and students can connect and share their concerns. Availing this mode of learning, we can save finances in building physical infrastructure. It also offers visual learning feature which helps learners to understand concept quickly compare to traditional means.