You know that your brand or start-up cannot do without a Corporate Identity that distinguishes them from the crowd. Yes, but how to build the Coordinated Image and Logo for Your Business? First of all, you need to build a coordinated image and logo for your business. Study some famous examples and plan with a freelance expert. Read now the tips we give you on the subject.
Corporate Identity: Winning Examples that Explain It
All reputable brands have one because it always makes them win over the competition. We are talking about the coordinated corporate image to form the Brand Identity and promote the product on the market like Economic Instant License. A coordinated image that works is always conceived by competent photographers and graphic designers. We are therefore talking about a coordinated graphic image, which starts from the logo and involves all the corporate communication media. If this is not very clear to you, here are some examples to better explain to you:
Benetton is an authentic brand that identifies casual made based on the values of simplicity and balance. The coordinated image of the brand started in 1971 with the first logo, which represents the knot of the texture of a shirt. The company is the only one to apply a new wool dyeing technique. So in 1989, he hires the photographer, and he adopts the right images to link to the slogan “United Colors of Benetton” for advertising posters. The same phrase is used as a headline in advertising campaigns, transforming itself into a real brand self. Which becomes a world pop symbol, because it refers to colorful clothes but also the value of cultural diversity. In 1996, the logo that ends up printed on labels, tags, and packaging became old, thus spreading a single concept.
Tiffany & Co.
Even cinema can help build the corporate identity: famous in the 1950s, the New York jewelry brand Tiffany & Co. has always stood out for its characteristic aqua green combined with minimal lettering. The coordinated graphic image, created by the Pentagram agency, follows this style, applying the logo on the packaging, the container of the most desired jewels in the world.
Center Pompidou in Paris
Even a museum can have a coordinated graphic image. It communicates images or ideas to users with the so-called “contact points”: logo, brand, building style, gadgets, packaging, printed matter, publications, promotional activities, and signage, and so on. The first famous example is the Center Pompidou in Paris. Two fundamental elements: the architecture of the building and the brand, invented by the graphic designer. Who is even the creator of the CGP character (Center Georges Pompidou), the logographically shows the ramp on the facade of the museum? An excellent advertising medium!
The arcades of Turin
The most modern example is that of the Turin arcades: The brand, winning the competition for the coordinated image organized by the Chamber of Commerce. The 12 km logo comes out, which has multiple versions, can be read in all languages , and invites visitors to explore the arcades containing shopping, art, and culture. In this case, the coordinated image is disseminated online, via social media, and has the purpose of making tourism grow. Result: great popularity and increased sales along the advertised route.
Coordinated Image and Logo, What it Includes and Where to Turn to Make It
Are the examples convincing, and do you want to create the coordinated image of a brand; that is a little dull and unknown to the public? It is a matter of building the Corporate Identity; that is the set of visual elements that communicate the identity of the company. To do this, you need to produce a series of objects with graphics; linked by a single common thread, in line with the logo.
Here is a detailed list:
- Business cards, paper or digital, to be distributed around and online
- Headed paper for contracts and paperwork
- Stationery (pens, pencils, erasers) for use in workstations
- Coordinated envelopes in different sizes for paper correspondence
- Folders for the paper archive, bags, briefcases, trolleys, boxes, pen holders
- Pads of paper for notes, for use with the Registry during meetings and workshops Company.
- Internal signage even if it is a fair, a museum, an accommodation facility, a commercial space
- Identification cards, code cards, and smart cards
- Posters to be posted or disseminated online, on social networks
- Brochures, invitations
- Packaging of all kinds
- Corporate gadgets
- Uniforms and work clothes
- Means of transport, from car to scooter
- Exhibition stand, a gazebo in a public place, temporary info point
Attention, maybe not all these objects are necessary to build the coordinated graphic image you want to obtain. Get advice from freelance experts, explaining your goals well. They will put on an action plan, with all the indications and useful proposals to breakthrough. Here’s what the project should contain.
The 4 Necessary Steps to Build your Coordinated Image and Logo
Do you want to hire a freelance team to build the coordinated image and logo of your brand?
First, explain your goals well, then evaluate the appropriate project. And, here are the design phases and what they must contain:
- The initial focus on the target and target audience you want to reach
- The marketing analysis of the product or service, to know how to place it in the market
- Web marketing analysis to clarify online strategy
- Analysis of the image of the company or brand, to design the logo and graphics.
At this point, you have a clear list of things necessary to build the coordinated image that interests you. Also, discard what you don’t need.
Within the team, the most crucial role is that of the graphic designer.
Whether he makes a new logo or rebranding, he designs the objects that represent the company externally; coordinating them with each other and with its image. The graphic design goes through many draft stages. The final version contains some fixed points that you must respect:
- The company color palettes
- The fonts to be used in written communication on all occasions
- Multiple versions of the logo in various color combinations, formats, and sizes for offline and online distribution
- The graphic format of the paper material
- Graphics, wireframe (initial model) and website layout
- Feasible project (i.e., with the indication of the measures and materials) of gadgets, and kits to be distributed around.
Building a coordinated image for your business is crucial, which opens the door to success in the market.