Technical SEO, as its name rightly suggests, falls on the technical side of things; such as page loading speed, structuring of data on the website; optimization for the mobile version of the website, the website code, etc.
When you are a digital marketer, possessing a well-understood grasp of every aspect associated with digital marketing is mandatory.
Partial expertise will serve you no right, and even if you have fantastic content development skills; lagging in a different department will bring that effort down calamitously.
SEO is one such department; in fact, it is the most critical factor in marketing content in digital space.
Therefore, understanding SEO is the first step if you are venturing into the digital marketing business; or planning to offer SEO services (obviously, in this case). SEO is broadly classified as on-page SEO, off-page SEO, and Technical SEO.
One can understandably be intimidated when faced with such technical jargon thrown their way. They might consider giving up altogether but worry not. We are here with a comprehensive guide to technical SEO for an SEO company in India; or located anywhere else in the world, for that matter. Read on more to know about the nitty-gritty details.
Fundamentals Associated With Technical SEO
Let’s begin with some fundamentals associated with technical SEO before you begin to audit your website. Iron out a few things, such as:
This what search engine displays in the search results as your website URL. Earlier, the domain owner had the option of choosing the preferred domain. Now Google does that on its own. You can now ensure that all the versions of your website are redirected to that specific domain.
If you have not yet gotten on board with Secure Sockets Layer or SSL encryption; you do the high time. Way back in 2014, Google had announced that SSL would be a ranking factor in its search algorithm; as it emphasized security and safety. Migrate all your websites to ‘https’ domains from ‘http’ domains, if any.
Shorten Page Load Speeds
No one likes to wait in today’s world. So slow-loading websites are a big no. Optimize your website loading speeds by compressing assets, such as pictures, audio, etc. Trim down the code of your website to further reduce the size.
You can even make use of Content Distribution Networks to boost speeds. Keep the number of plug-ins to essentials only.
The Core Technical SEO Aspects
Now that we are done with the necessary auditing preparations; we move on to the core Technical SEO aspects.
This is the very first and most important part of technical SEO. Crawlability is the measure by which Google measures how easily its bots can crawl your website for content. If they can’t crawl your website, they cannot rank your content. For this purpose:
- Create an XML based sitemap
- Fine-tune the architecture of your website
- You are fully utilizing your crawl budget.
- Regularly monitor SEO logs
Next, we come to the Indexability portion. Indexability means the ranking potential of your website. After the bots are done crawling through your website; they will sort the content they found on your website; based on its relevance to the queries made. The easier this process is for the bots, the higher your indexability is. To ensure that it is high,
- Remove any duplicate web pages from the website
- Make the website as much easily accessible to bots as possible
- Mobile drives heavy traffic, so make sure that your website is exceptionally responsive in its mobile version
- Perform regular audits of your website
- Rectify all HTTP errors that you come across during the audits
Also Check: Best SEO Automation Software in 2022
Keep it in mind that it is different from web accessibility, although several aspects may be common amongst both. SEO accessibility is a browser and search engine end oriented; and web accessibility is end user-oriented.
How easily a web browser can render your website for the end-user to see and interact with is the measure of your website’s accessibility. This is the checklist for increasing accessibility,
- Server performance: Server performance should be excellent, all server time out errors cut down on your website’s accessibility drastically.
- Load time: Load time should be kept as short as possible. The shorter the time the bots require to crawl your website; the better it is for your indexing in the SERPs.
- Orphan pages: Orphan pages should not exist on your website. These are web pages that aren’t linked with any other pages on your websites. Such pages bring down your SEO accessibility.
Also Check: 4 Top and Best Places to Learn Using SEO
This focuses on boosting your rank in SERPs from the technical end via several optimization measures. How good your website rank can be is determined by rankability. It has some affecting factors such as
- Internal and Linking: As stated previously, link all pages in a relevant manner and eliminated orphan pages.
- Backlink quality: Audit the quality of backlinks in your content and ensure they are high caliber.
Once you have grasped these essential points, running an SEO company in India; or any world market becomes a much easier task.