Roblox is a great free-to-play game with many modes that players enjoy. But, like other games, it occasionally runs into issues like the Roblox error code 529. Lucky for you, in this guide, we have enlisted all the solutions that you can use to fix this. Also, we have included the reasons why this error props up and what the error means.
What Is The Roblox Error Code 529?
The Roblox error code 529 usually means that the server isn’t available or there wasn’t a response from the server. The exact message states:
“We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later (Error Code: 529)“
This means that the server might be undergoing the usual scheduled maintenance. But it can also mean your internet connection couldn’t properly connect with the server. Whatever it is, from the error message, we can decrypt that this is a connection issue.
Why Are You Getting The Roblox Error Code 529?
You might be facing issues connecting to the Roblox server for several reasons. Some of which are as below:
- Server Down: The Roblox servers may be under maintenance. Thus, we recommend you check using the website if this is the case. Occasionally, the servers must be maintained to ensure all the protocols are current.
- Internet Speed: Sometimes, your internet speed might not be up to par, so you run into this issue. To check this, you can use any speed test from the internet, which will tell you your network statistics.
- VPNs: VPN connections tend to face more issues while connecting to a game. This is because the connection bounces off of a proxy on the internet. If a lot of lousy traffic comes from this proxy, you can see the Roblox error code 529. This is because the server usually prevents terrible connections.
- Browser Cookies and Cache: If the browser’s cookies and cache are corrupt, you won’t be able to play. The cookies and cache help in speeding up the loading process. But, if corrupt, the game doesn’t load properly and faces issues during connection.
- System Requirements: If the system that you are using doesn’t have the least specs needed for playing. You can face the error due to a lack of resources. Mostly, this shouldn’t happen with newer computers and is only seen on old ones.
- Firewall Blockage: The Firewall installed on your system can block the game from making a connection. If not made, this connection can trigger the Roblox error code 529. Thus, you should check if your Firewall is blocking the game.
- XML Files: The game utilizes some XML files to load important assets quickly. But, if these files are corrupt, they can prevent the game from connecting. Thus, you should try to clear out the XML files and then check to see if that fixes your issue.
- Incorrect Login: You will see this error if you didn’t log in to your account correctly and the login token wasn’t processed. Thus, you should try to start the login process again after promptly logging out of your account.
Now that you know why this error occurs, you can continue to apply the solutions.
10 Ways On How To Fix Roblox Error Code 529
Solution 1: Check for Server Outage
The server may be under maintenance. When this happens, you must wait until the developers complete the server maintenance. You can use a status check website to check if the server is under maintenance. For that:
- Start your browser and click here to launch the status check website.
- Check if there are many reports of the game being down from the website.
- If there are many reports from all over, the servers are indeed being maintained.
- In such a case, you can only wait until this process finishes.
- Otherwise, you may try other solutions mentioned in this thread.
Solution 2: Test Internet Speed
In some cases, your internet connection may not provide enough bandwidth. Thus, the connection gets choked due to a lack of speed. You must do a speed test for your internet to check if your connection is slow. For that:
- Launch your internet browser and click here to launch the speed test website.
- On the website, select “GO” to launch the test.
- Once the test finishes running, note down the download speed, the loss, and the upload speed.
- Ensure that the upload speed is more than 2Mbps, and the download is more than 8Mbps. Also, ensure that the loss is less than 4%.
- Check if this fixes the Roblox error code 529 issue on mobile, iPhone, PC etc.
Also Check: How To Fix Roblox Error Code 267?
Solution 3: Turn OFF the VPN
Sometimes, if you are using a VPN connection, it can proxy the connection from a suspicious source. Thus, your connection will be labeled suspicious, and you won’t be able to play. Therefore, we recommend disabling your VPN to fix the Roblox error code 529 on your computer. If this fixes the issue, it means your problem is related to using a VPN connection.
If you still want to use a VPN, you can try to use either another server or change the VPN itself. This will ensure that your server isn’t causing the issue.
Solution 4: Clear Browser Cache
The browser builds up a cache to quickly load essential assets. Similarly, it also creates cookies that contain important site data. Both of these measures help to load the websites more smoothly. But, if this data is corrupt, it can lead to the Roblox error code 529. Thus, we suggest clearing the cache and cookies to fix the issue. For that:
Clear Cache for Edge:
- Start Microsoft Edge, press the “CTRL + H” buttons on the homepage from your keyboard.
- Click on the “Three Dots” from the open panel from there.
- Select the “Open History Page” option.
- Click on the “Clear Browsing Data” option.
- Click the “All Time” option from the time range.
- Select all the available options from the available ones.
- Click the “Clear Now” button to begin the clearing-out process.
- Verify if the Roblox error code 529 is now fixed.
Clear Cache in Chrome:
- Start Chrome from your desktop and open the home page.
- Now, click on the “Three Dots” at the top right side.
- From there, select “Settings“.
- Now, click the “Privacy and Security” option on the left.
- From here, select the “Clear Browsing Data” button.
- Now, select “All Time” from the Time Range.
- Make sure to select all the available options and then click on the “Clear Data” button.
- After clearing out all the cache, check if the Roblox error code 529 is gone.
Also Check: Roblox Error Code 279: How To Fix It Quickly?
Solution 5: Check System Requirements
Your machine must fulfill the least requirements that the game requires. If your computer isn’t above the requirements or, at least, doesn’t match them, you can run into issues. Thus, you should try to match your needs with the game’s least ones. For that:
- Navigate here to check the Roblox System Requirements.
- To check your own, press “Windows + R” from your keyboard.
- Type in “dxdiag” and press “Enter” to launch the window.
- Make sure to confirm any prompts.
- Now, you can see the CPU and RAM details on the window, the “System” tab above.
- Click on the “Display” tab to see your Graphic Card details.
- After matching this with the Roblox System Requirements, you can see if your PC is up to par.
Solution 6: Allow the Game through the Firewall
If the Firewall installed on your system is blocking the game, you can run into the Roblox error code 529 issue. Thus, we will have to ensure that this isn’t the case. To do that, you can try to add an exception for Roblox in the Firewall. For this, you will have to reconfigure the Firewall settings. To do that:
- Press “Windows + R” to launch Run and type in “Firewall.cpl“.
- Press “Enter” and this should start the Firewall control panel.
- Click the “Allow an App or Feature through Windows Defender Firewall” button in this panel.
- Now, select “Change Settings” and confirm the admin prompt.
- Now, make sure that you check the “Public” and “Private” boxes for Roblox.
- This will allow the Roblox through the Firewall.
- Now, click “OK” to save your changes. Then, check if it has fixed the Roblox error code 529 this time.
Solution 7: Delete the XML Files
Some XML files contain the game’s necessary configurations to connect to its servers. If these files are corrupt, you can run into Error Code 529. To fix this, you must delete these files so that they are recreated. For that:
- Right-click on the Roblox icon from your desktop and select “Open File Location“.
- Now, this should open the location of the Roblox installation.
- Select the main “Roblox” folder from the top while you are in the “Version” folder.
- In this folder, files should have the “.XML” extensions.
- Select these files and press “Shift + Delete” to remove them.
- Now, launch Roblox and check if the error code 529 is gone.
Solution 8: Log out and Login Again
Sometimes, it can be as simple as the login token not being processed correctly. Thus, you should try to log out of your account and log in again with the correct credentials. You can click on the “Settings” cog and select “Log out“. Once you log out, you can immediately enter your credentials and log back into the system. Check to see if this fixes the Roblox error code 529 on Mac, PC, Mobile etc.
Solution 9: Use the Roblox Client
If you have been playing the game on the browser, it can sometimes be helpful to use the client instead. The client creates a local copy of the game files instead of having to pull them from the web every time. This will speed up your gaming experience and can fix the Roblox error code 529 issue. Thus, you can click here to download the Roblox client and install it on your system.
You can download the relevant client for Windows or Mac to fix this error on your operating system.
Solution 10: Perform Clean Restart
Whether you are using a Windows or a Mac, it can sometimes get incorrect launch configs. This can end up causing such errors while connecting to servers. Thus, you should try to perform a clean restart of your devices. For that, unplug them from power or turn them off. After turning them OFF, wait some time and turn them back ON. Check if this fixes the issue.
Also Check: Roblox Error Code 103: How To Fix It Quickly?
After investigating it in detail, we concluded that this error occurs when the server doesn’t respond. When you try to connect to a game, the server has to authenticate your connection. If this doesn’t happen, you get the Roblox Error Code 529.
Yes, the error can be fixed if it happens on your end. However, if the error is on the server end, you must wait for the server to fix it.
The Roblox error code 529 is an issue with the connection between your client and the server. This issue can arise due to many possible reasons. But, mostly, it is related to the internet connection. We can try to turn off the VPN, allow Roblox through the Firewall, and clear your cache and cookies, as we have done in this article. But if the issue still occurs, you can contact Roblox support for further help.