Were you playing Roblox to unwind from your stressful day and got the Roblox error code 277? Well, you are not alone. This error has been bothering a lot of users. This article will cover all details of why it occurs on your computer. Also, we will discuss the reasons behind its occurrence. Ultimately, we will list all the solutions you can try to completely fix Roblox Error Code 277.
What Is The Roblox Error Code 277?
The message shows the message: “Lost Connection to the Game Server, Please Reconnect“. This indicates that the error relates to a networking issue. And triggers when the connection cuts off. While there can be plenty of different reasons behind this, as discussed below. It is important that you know that your internet connection is the culprit behind it. But there are also some cases where this error triggers when the game servers are down.
In most cases, the connection between the server and your computer terminates. When this happens, the game tries to reconnect after attempting to reconnect several times. If the connection still fails, the error message shows. To fix this, you will have to solve this connection issue between the server and your device.
Why Are You Getting The Roblox Error Code 277?
After carefully investigating this error, we concluded that the following are the major reasons why it occurs.
- Server Issue: Sometimes, the game server can be down for maintenance. This happens to make sure that the servers are always up to date. When the developers take down the servers, they install the latest protocols and suites the server needs. Thus, you should check to see if the server is down for maintenance.
- Internet Issue: Your internet connection may be causing this issue. This can happen when the connection isn’t providing the proper signal strength. Thus, you should try to watch a video online or surf the web to ensure that your connection is working.
- Game Log Files: The game creates logs of failures or errors. These log files contain crucial information on why a particular game aspect failed. Such log files help in debugging and can be read easily by developers. But, sometimes, the log files can also cause your game to crash. Thus, you should look into clearing the older log files, which can regenerate when the game runs.
- Outdated Browser: If your browser isn’t up to date with the latest protocols and files, the Roblox error code 277 can occur. Thus, you should try to ensure that your primary browser is up to date and has all the latest files.
- Browser Cache: The browser’s cache integrity can sometimes be compromised. Thus, this prevents the establishment of the connection. Therefore, you should try clearing the browser cache and check if this fixes the error. Don’t worry about losing any files; this cache regenerates after your browser runs.
- Browser Extensions: Some extensions can also be causing the Roblox error code 277. Thus, you must check if any corrupt extensions are installed. Also, the extensions can be malicious, which the game servers can detect as threats.
- Corrupted Game Data: The game’s data integrity can be damaged. This happens if there has been a storage failure on your device. Thus, you should try to clear out the old data and reinstall the game occasionally. This ensures the redundant data is clear and your game runs hurdle free.
- Compatibility Issues: With constantly new updates to architectures and development techniques. There can be compatibility issues. Thus, you should ensure you run the game in the most compatible environment. For that, you can use Windows’s features to manage this.
Now that you know why the error occurs, you can finally start implementing the solutions to fix it.
Top 10 Ways To Fix the Roblox Error Code 277
You can start by implementing the following solutions one by one. Do this in the provided order until one of them works.
Solution 1: Check if Roblox Server is Down
If the Roblox servers are down, you will get the Roblox error code 277 while trying to connect. These maintenance periods can be incredibly frustrating. Because there isn’t anything you can do on your end. Thus, you should check first if the servers are down. For that:
- Open your most used browser and click on this link.
- Once the website opens up, check if there are other complaints of server issues.
- If there are many complaints, the servers are being maintained.
- This means that you will have to wait until the servers come back up.
- Otherwise, feel free to implement the steps below.
Solution 2: Use Another Network
Users noticed they could fix the Roblox error code 277 by changing their connection. This can be important if your current internet connection is causing the error. Thus, you can switch out your existing connection to another and check. For this, you can also use the hotspot feature from your mobile and connect your device to that.
Solution 3: Open Ports from your Internet
There are specific ports that the game users can connect to its servers. If these ports are blocked on your network, a smooth connection to the game servers will not be possible. Thus, in this step, we will open the game’s ports. For that:
- Press “Windows + R” to start Run. Then type “cmd” in the text box and press “Enter” to start the command prompt.
- Type “ipconfig” inside the command prompt box and press “Enter“.
- Note down your IP address from the “Default Gateway” entry at the right.
Knowing your IP address will allow us to access and manipulate the router settings. For that:
- Paste the IP address in your browser’s address bar and press “Enter“.
- On the router login page, enter your username and password. You can find these values typically on the back of your router if you haven’t changed them.
- Now, find the “Port Triggering” configuration from the NAT Panel.
- Enter the following values for the start and end UDP, respectively: 49152 and 65535
- Make sure that you forward these ports by saving your changes.
- Now that the ports are open check if you have been able to fix the Roblox error code 277 issue.
Solution 4: Update your Browser
Sometimes, your browser can require the latest updates. For this, you can go into your browser and make sure that you let it check from its server for updates. To do this:
- Launch your Chrome browser and select the “Three Dots” at the top right side.
- Now, select “Settings” from the menu that opens up.
- From the left side, select the “About Chrome” option.
- This will lead the browser to check for any latest available updates.
- Once found, it will automatically install them on your browser.
- Check to see if this fixes the Roblox error code 277 issue.
Solution 5: Clear Browser’s Cache on Mobile, PC, Mac, iPhone and iPad
The browser creates a copy of the most important assets in its cache. This allows for it to load quickly and to open websites swiftly. This cache can sometimes be corrupt and cause errors such as the one in question. Thus, we will delete this cache and then allow it to regenerate so that it is gone. For that:
Clear Cache on Chrome:
- Launch Chrome and press “CTRL + H” from the home tab.
- Select the “Clear Browsing Data” option from the left side.
- After this, select “All Time” from the time range.
- Select all the listed options and select the “Clear Data” button.
- After clearing the data, check if the Roblox error code 277 is gone.
- Start Microsoft Edge and press “Ctrl + H” on your keyboard.
- Select the “Three Dots” on the menu and select the “Clear Browsing Data” button.
- Click on the “All Time” option from the time range.
- After this, click the “Clear Now” button to delete the cache and history.
- Check to see if this fixes the Roblox error code 277 issue.
Solution 6: Delete Game Log Files
As we saw before, the game log files can sometimes account for the Roblox error code 277 issue. Thus, in this step, we will delete the game log files. However, don’t worry; the game will generate these files automatically once the game runs. To do this:
- Press the “Win + R” keys on your keyboard.
- Type in “%localappdata%\Roblox\logs” in the prompt that opens up.
- Now, press “CTRL + A” from here to select all the files.
- After that, press “Shift + Del” from the keyboard to permanently delete all these files.
- Confirm the deletion prompt and go back to the desktop.
- Now, try to start the game and check if the Roblox error code 277 is gone.
Solution 7: Run Roblox in Compatibility Mode
Sometimes, there can be compatibility issues between the operating system and your game. To fix this, you can use the compatibility mode feature in your Windows. For that:
- Right-click on the game’s icon and select the “Properties” button.
- From here, select the “Compatibility” tab from the top.
- Check the “Run this program in Compatibility Mode For:” button. And then, select “Windows 7” or an earlier version of Windows than the one you are currently running.
- Select the “Apply“, then “OK” buttons to confirm your changes.
- Now, try to run the game and see if this fixes the issue.
Solution 8: Disable Browser Extensions
Some browser extensions cause issues with the Roblox error code 277. Thus, we can try to turn off these extensions and check if that allows us to play the game. For this:
- Launch your default browser and select the “Three Dots” at the top right corner.
- Now, select the “Extensions” option and then select “Manage Extensions“.
- Select “Toggle” from here to turn off the extensions from running.
- Do this for all enabled extensions.
- Close out of your browser and check if this fixes the Roblox error code 277 issue.
Solution 9: Reset Internet Configurations
Your internet configurations can sometimes be causing the error in question. To reset the configurations means that you are getting rid of user-defined settings. This will revert these configurations to factory defaults. To do this:
- Press “Win + R” to launch the run prompt.
- Type in “inetcpl.cpl” and press “Enter“.
- From here, select the “Advanced” tab. Then select the “Restore Advanced Settings” option.
- You should be back on the factory defaults for the internet configurations.
- Check if this fixes the Roblox error code 277 issue for your device.
Solution 10: Reinstall Roblox
Sometimes, the issue can lie with the installation of the Roblox game. Thus, you can try to reinstall the game itself in an attempt to fix this issue. To do that:
- Press “Windows + I” from your keyboard to settings.
- In settings, select “Apps” from the left side and then select “Installed Apps” from the right.
- Now, search for “Roblox” and select “Three Dots” next to it.
- Select “Uninstall” from the menu that opens up.
- Confirm any prompts to uninstall the game from your computer completely.
- Download the game again and install it.
- Check if this fixes the Roblox error code 277 issue on your computer.
Also Check: Roblox Error Code 103: How To Fix It Quickly?
The error indicates a loss in the connection between the server and the device. These errors are baked into the game development to help debug issues.
Luckily, unless the error is on the server side, you can fix it on your end. This can involve all the steps we have listed in this article.
While many people tend to get the Roblox error code 277 on their devices, the error isn’t unfixable. Unless the error is from the server side, you can fix it almost every case. Thus, you can try to change your ports or internet connection settings. Try to clear out the cache and the log files, which fixes the issue in most cases. However, if you still get it, don’t hesitate to contact Roblox Support.