Scores of people believe to start a blog is complicated. But this template will show you that building a successful blog is not as complicated as many people thinks. By following the steps in this guide, you will be able to get started and set up your blog. Before we jump in, there are several reasons why you should create a blog.
Do you want to start a blog of your own? Or Are you curious about blogging?
If the answer is yes to any one of them, then you are in the right place.
- A blog is a website that has posts regularly.
- BLOG is a derivative of the word ‘Weblog.’
- The content of the site gets updated on a regular interval.
- Most of the blogging pages concentrate on one topic. You can find blogs on literally anything.
- A blog is usually run by a single or a group of individuals.
- Blogging is one of the most modern modes of communicating and also for distributing information.
- It is an excellent way of personal manifestation and intelligence sharing.
- The blog helps you develop into a better writer and a decent thinker.
- It is a way of making money. You can start monetizing your blog by promoting businesses, services, or you can sell products.
- As a new post comes to a blog, the previous ones shift a spot below.
- Newest post appear on the top.
- Check our page Blog Definition and History
Unlike usual websites, most of the blogs let people comment also. In the comment, the name, email id, etc. are shown. Also, you can give feedback or any message. This way bloggers are directly able to communicate with the target audience. It is always satisfying for the bloggers to get feedback and support from the people. If you also know any matter, then you can also be a successful blogger. But your prime objective should be to write rather than earning money. The money will follow you eventually if your content is good.
Not a computer geek or a Ph.D.?
Still, you can start a blog. Anyone with a learning attitude and occasional access to a computer with internet is good to go. A college student in 1994 created the first blog, and it wasn’t called a blog at that time. It showed the world that you don’t need a company to start a blog. To give you a clearer picture, in 1999 there were only 23 blogs on the internet. Now there are more than 70 million.
Why Should You Start a Blog?
The blogosphere does not discriminate. Anybody and everybody can start a blog which is a fabulous thing. There are a lot of unpaid hours that go into starting a successful blog. There are a couple of reasons why I think it’s worth it. Starting a blog is relatively easier than before. Blogs are trending right now. People all around the world are meeting together on the internet to share knowledge. Besides social media websites, a blog is another way to do it.
Start a blog if you are passionate about something
- Ok, you’re passionate about something and want to share that passion with others than blogging is for you. You will realize the potential of this platform only when you will work hard. The world will witness your knowledge and skills.
Experts can start blogging to share their knowledge
- Say you are an expert at something. You would want to grab the attention of some potential clients. Creating a blog will help you in doing so. It will make your online presence reach further heights. By the help of the blog, you can showcase your talent to the right people. It can help you to get hired.
Show your practical skills through a blog
- If you want to fine-tune your knowledge, you can use blogging as a diary which is not dull. Say, you want to become the best knitter in the world. Then you can start documenting your progress on the blog. You can also teach others what you have learned.
Sell your products by creating a blog
Start expanding your brand through a blog
- If you want to attract new or potential customers for your product. People will search for products of your category and will eventually land on your blog. From there they will get to know about your product. If they find it according to their needs, then they will buy it immediately.
- If you want to build your brand bigger, many brands have a Facebook or an Instagram page. Making a blog for the brand which will tell more about the brand will make it more popular.
Create confidence and face the world
- If you want to face the world and develop confidence than blogging is for you. On Facebook, if you post something, then it is seen by your friends only. Here on a blog, the whole world will see your post which will give you confidence. You will receive criticism and support from the whole of the world.
Connect like-minded people
- You can connect with like-minded people around the world and expand your knowledge. If you start a blog, then you will find many people around the world. You will reach out to the right people.
You like to write then start a blog
- If writing is the only job that you want to have, then you are crafted for blogging. So, you can add it to your resumes and can practice content creation. You can fine tune your skills to perfection.
Now that you have a reason to start blogging let us learn how to start blogging.
How to Start Blogging?
First of all, you should sit and decide what your blog is going to be.
Your content should not be a fad, a recent event, etc. In that case, your blog will remain active for a brief time. You should choose a topic that will be searched by the people irrespective of the time.
The next step is to select a name. The name of your blog can contain your name also.
If you have a bike repair blog and your name is Mike, then your blog can be named MECHANIC MIKE. To remain anonymous, keep a more general name like MECHANIC MOTEL. Your name should be catchy and easily memorable. Having a catchy Name will leave a good impression on the reader. After choosing a name, you should check whether the name is available or not. If yes, then you will have to think of another name.
Now that you have already decided the name and the content of the blog, next is the design and layout.
When you open a webpage, you see an interface. It is like the menu of a restaurant. You should make it interesting, easy to read and attractive. If you are a beginner than devoting much time on designing is not recommended
. You can work on it later on also. Until then, you should keep a sober and straightforward logo or banner on the blog. If you don’t hold any graphics on your blog, then it will make your blog monotonic. Try to add relevant pictures, charts etc. Many free websites on the internet will generate a simple banner or a logo for you. There are many templates available on the blogging sites, which you can use.
- You should always focus on the quality of the content at first.
- You should not spend much on the camera, lighting, etc.
- Your audience will ultimately force you to pay on these pieces of equipment if your content is good.
Next comes earning.
You will be able to earn from blogs only by devoting time and by producing quality content. You will be able to generate revenue from your blogs after there is good traffic on your blog. The ads shown on your blog will make income.
One of your goals should be to generate traffic.
In the beginning, you can tell your family and friends to read your blogs. After you have grown up in blogging, you can collaborate with other bloggers too. By that, you can write guest articles on other peoples’ blogs. It will increase your visibility and will eventually improve traffic on your blog. Now let us explore where you can go for starting your blogging journey.
Here are 5 necessary steps that will help to start a blog:
1. Choose desired blogging platform
The first thing is to decide where you wish to create your blog. Options range from free, freemium, and self-hosted.
Many new bloggers start on free blogging platforms such as WordPress.com, Blogger, Tumblr among many others. Starting blogging on an open platform, you use their name, e.g., YourBlog.blogger.com. You will be subject to use their terms of service and restrictions where they may limit or bar ads on your blog. If you want to blog seriously, you need to excuse yourself from this option.
Freemium offers a trial period before you start paying. It’s almost like the free platform where you have limited customization option.
Self-hosted is the most preferred platform that allows you to run your blog on your domain name. You are in charge of your blog and its contents.
2. Decide on a domain name to start your blog
Domain name is the unique name that you use online. You will have to register with a domain registrar depending on your preferred choice. Your domain name will be yours as long as you pay the service fee. The cost differs depending on the company offering the services.
3. Choose a web hosting account to start your blog
Hosting is the company that locates your website on the internet so that potential readers can see it. It is a place for storing online library. To maintain a successful blog, choose a reliable provider.
4. Install and position your blog
After selecting a blogging platform, a domain name, and a hosting company design your blog the way you wish it to be. You also need a theme to customize the appearance of your blog. The idea will depend on blogging platforms where some blogging sites offer them free, or you can decide to buy a quality theme.
You need to choose something specialized and easy to customize. Your blog design acts as a mirror of your personality and the services you are offering. The blog should be easy to navigate for the community to stick around.
5. Start off blogging.
When you set all, make an effort to familiarize with the dashboard and learn how to make amendments to your blog.
Remember, to be a successful blogger, and you need to change or update blog contents regularly and also focus on promoting the site through ads, social media sites, or share with your target markets.
Where to Start a Blog?
So many blogging platforms over there you can choose from. A blogging platform
has set templates stored in it which you can use. It will also make a custom domain name for you. As a beginner, you should choose a blogging platform that has less learning to do. You might want to change the look and feel of your blog after some time. The blogging platform you choose should be flexible. You should think carefully about the blogging platform you are choosing. Later on, it becomes challenging to change blogging platforms.
Some blogging platforms you can start
is free blogging software, but you will have to pay the cost of the domain. The most significant advantage of WordPress is the full control that it gives you. But with the full power, you will also have to manage the coding, backup, security yourself.
is another such free blogging platform and Google powers it. You can sign-up on blogger for free. You need absolutely no technical knowledge to manage your blog on blogger. The user interface is straightforward. But you will be limited to necessary blogging tools, and you won’t be able to add functionality to it later on. You will also not receive new updates on it. If you want to experiment with blogging at first, then you can go for Blogger.
is another popular blogging platform that you can use. It is like the social media of blogging because of the additional features it has. If you have a photo, video blog then Tumblr is a perfect option. But it also comes with limited functionality. Those are blogging platforms that you can use but be careful before opting any one of them. Carefully check the terms and conditions related to the earnings carefully before finalizing.