What is B2B content marketing and what are the best B2B content marketing strategies and trends for 2021? Have a look!
What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is the process of creating, distributing content to attract and engage customers. It also helps to increase reliability and retention.
The ultimate goal of content marketing is to drive sales and grow your business; it’s not just about making sales: it helps keep existing customers engaged and informed. That in turn contributes to their retention and loyalty to your brand. It can help you grow your income and ultimately grow your business.
It’s like working with an ICOholder, where without special skills, having learned a little about cryptocurrency, you can increase your income.
Why is Content Marketing Beneficial?
Unlike paid advertising, which stops working as soon as you stop investing in it, content marketing stands out for its duration effect on the initial investment.
For example, if you deposit $ 500 on ads today to get 50 clicks on your blog, you will need to spend another $ 500 tomorrow to achieve the same.
But if you spend $ 500 to create an optimized piece of content, it can continue to drive traffic to your website months and even years after it was initially published. That is, it is much more profitable for you.
B2B Content Marketing Strategy
- In a B2B content marketing environment, the primary goal is ROI. Specific data, numbers, and tangible features that you can offer, that is, your special offers, are very important.
- Informative ads and similar content focus on issues such as “what, why, and how” happens in business processes. In a B2B environment, it’s better to focus on valid data over emotion.
- What’s also important is that you don’t need to write 4,000 words to have decent content marketing, but if your content is just 250 words, your audience might leave you thinking that you don’t really know what you are writing about or tell me.
- Quality is more important than quantity for content marketing. Don’t separate them if you have a few tips, but put them all in one article. Even if that means you won’t publish 5 articles this week, it will be more effective.
Important: Don’t write more words just to increase your word count. People may notice empty content, which may increase the level of distrust towards you and your product or service.
- B2B content marketing stories are encouraged when backed up with facts, numbers, graphs, and other content that focuses on data and demonstrates ROI. This applies to website content, blog posts, articles that you publish as part of your B2B content marketing strategy.
B2B Content Marketing Rules
Marketing is increasingly talking about the value of a comfortable and memorable experience. As for B2B content marketing, in 2021, you need to use the following rules:
- Draw attractively;
- Format and make it easy to scan;
- Optimize for consumption on mobile devices,
- Speed up loading;
- Supplement with interactive elements;
- Make it as detailed and visual as possible.
You may also like:
- Top 7 Principles Of Content Marketing Strategies
- Best Content Marketing Strategies To Build Career In Digital Marketing
- Ways to improve your content marketing strategy
B2B Content Marketing Trends for 2021
B2B content marketing companies quickly adapted to changing trends in society and continued to use content marketing to grow their business:
Business today is the most reliable source of information. Users are increasingly turning to companies for understandable and dependable information.
To meet the expectations, content marketers are beginning to monitor the quality and accuracy of data closely. The importance of fact-checking continues to grow.
Many B2B content marketers are developing online communities, and those who are not yet involved in this area would like to fix the situation in the coming year. That is, it proves the effectiveness and growing interest in this area.
The pandemic has shown that communities are helping companies create ambassadors, collect feedback, reduce customer support costs, and increase audience engagement. Enough reason to start preparing loyalty-building content, right?
Articles with 3000 words or more drive 3x more traffic, 4x more shares, and 3.5x more inbound links than less detailed content.
Longreads with easy navigation will help to achieve success: both search engines and users will like them.
Videos are gradually replacing texts from the top formats for content marketing. 70% of B2B buyers watch brand videos. As you know, people like to watch the news of the week to read about them more.
We need a picture because this way, we process the information better and faster, remember it, and, perhaps, even associate it with something. At the same time, 82% prefer live broadcasts to posts on social networks, and 80% prefer a blog.
In 2021, interest in video, webinars, and broadcasts will continue to grow. It is worth incorporating them into your strategy and testing them out.
It’s also essential to keep your business goals in mind. For example, if your business intent is to increase brand awareness at the top of your sales, you can write articles on broad topics that might affect your audience, as long as the topic is relevant to them.
This is very effective if you are running small paid social media promotions to drive more attention to your content and page as a whole.
If your business goal is to solve bottom-of-the-funnel issues so that the CEO or decision-maker feels happy signing a deal with your business, you can write about the specific experience or results your customers have received. Which are related to the problems you are trying to solve.
Also Read: How to Use Wikipedia for Content Marketing
In the B2B space, content marketing is beginning to replace the traditional advertising that is already familiar to us. It is chosen both in good times and in crisis because the strategy allows you to expand the reach of brands, build trust and loyalty of the audience, and attract leads and sales.
In companies doing business, content is the backbone of marketing. With this, you can attract potential customers, prepare them for sale, build an expert’s reputation, and strengthen loyalty.
This is why it is crucial in B2B content marketing to follow trends and adopt only the best practices – the more relevant and compelling your materials are, the more chances you have to stay ahead of the competition.