When you plan for an outdoor trip or want to hold a party at home, one primary consideration to make is buying a canopy. A good canopy tent can protect you from the sun during sports games or set up a small craft fair. For such purposes where you have to accommodate more people, you need to think of big size canopies.
Buying Guide For Canopy Tent
Canopy tents are great things with multiple uses, but first, you need to make sure that you are getting the right type of canopy to match your tastes and lifestyle.
If you plan to buy a canopy for camping or install a sports canopy, you have to look for items that can offer you more durability and stability. However, you also have to make sure that the canopy is lightweight enough to carry around and install.
On the other hand, if you aim to get a shelter for your backyard wedding or engagement party, you may have to look for a decorative event canopy tent, which can accommodate more people. Let’s read on to know some more facts about different choices in canopies and each’s pros and cons.
Different Types Of Canopy Tent
Event Canopy Tent
These are prevalent and popular types of canopies, which come in different sizes to accommodate the whole gathering at events. Just consider the style and placement of the same if you are hosting a wedding event, bridal shower, or birthday party for your kids.
Event canopies can offer safe shelter from sun, rain, snow, and other environmental elements. Event canopies can be used as temporary car shelters also to protect your valuable vehicles.
Some advantages and disadvantages of event canopies are:
- These are big and come up to the size of 30′ long.
- Comes with steel frames for a strong stance.
- Sturdy and durable construction
- It cannot very easy set up and break down. Due to its size and complexity in setting up, you may have to take professional support for the same.
- It may be heavier to carry around easily.
Sports Canopy Tent
A sports canopy tent is quick to install and can easily be transported. These are smaller than other types of canopies, and apart from sporting locations, they can also function as a shield from the sun when you go to beaches or simply while hosting your garage sale.
These are not permanent structures, so you need to be sure of your use cases before purchasing this model.
- These outdoor canopies are mostly Water resistant.
- Carry case and roller bag are usually included in the package.
- Quick set up and easy breakdown.
- Very lightweight to carry around.
- Construction is less sturdy.
- Not ideal for long-term installations.
Pop-up type canopy tents are also comfortable to step up and uninstall by taking advantage of its pop-open mechanism. These are ideal for kid’s sporting events, craft fairs, backyard barbeques, etc. These are also very light and easy to move around.
Usually, these come at a size of 10×10 feet, but there are other sizes too available.
- Easy to set up and breakdown.
- Easy to carry around.
- Versatile and endurable.
- Large in size, requiring two or more people to set up.
- Does not include any protection or side flaps.