Winter means foggy and freezes feeling all round. There is no way to escape instead of staying at home on turn the heater on. One of the job in winter for me is to take a bath daily before leaving for office. That’s why, I need take care the water heater and get it repaired to save myself from freezing.
So, I was wondering about what will happen if I wake up and go for a shower and the water heater, huh found dead? Literally, this imagination is even terrifying. Though, I make a complete inspection of my water heater to get it ready for the winter. There are many best water heater repair companies in my area, so I take benefit of it. The contractors used to give me tips about the water heater, and so I am sharing with you below.
7 Tips For Take Care Your Water Heater
Check Your Pipes
Water in water heaters travels from pipes normally. Insulate your pipes to prevent frozen pipes. Insulating pipes will help them work faster for your water heater. The insulating pipe will cut down the costs as well.
Check The Water Temperature
The standard water heater temperature is between 115 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit. If the water temperature goes to 125 F, it will start damaging your pipes and can even burn you. Besides this, lowering the water heater temperature will help in saving money and keep you safe as well. So, take care and keep an eye on your water heater temperature to prevent future damages.
Flush Your System
Water has naturally occurring minerals that can build sediments. The sediments make your heater work harder and make it more expensive. Sediments build at the bottom of the tank, and it reduces the amount of actual water the heater can hold. It even can damage the drain valve by producing rust and clog. It’s better to flush out your water heating system once a year to prevent the buildup. Thus, your system will work better. The fall, between summer and winter, is the best time to flush your system.
Also Check: 4 Home Maintenance Hacks
Test The Pressure Relief Valve
A pressure relief valve is installed in water heaters as a safety device. It takes care in releasing water heat when the water heater becomes over-pressurized. You must check this valve before winter. This practice should be done at least on a weekly basis to avoid any harm to your appliance.
Check Exhaust And Intakes
Check the exhaust and vents on your water heater. They can be blocked with dust, leaves, debris, etc. Anything blocking the intake of CO2, your water heater can get worst in heating. Above all, at the start of the winter season, you need to take care your heater for a proper examination by some professionals. So if there is any blockage, you can handle it from the beginning and enjoy the winter cold season.
Also Check: Top 4 Reasons to Use Float Switches
Check The Location
Most of the water heaters are installed in the garages, basements, or outside sheds of homes. These types of locations will help the water heater to get rusty and damage soon. Besides this, if your heater is installed in a hot area, make sure to add extra insulation to the pipes and heaters. Some people also use to put a heater in open areas, and they might get some leakage points due to some harsh warm weather. If this is the cause, you might have to replace it or get some professional help.
Check Your Tank
The water heater tank should be insulated and must be taken care regularly. It’s better advice to purchase fiberglass insulation blankets for your tank to keep you in good working condition. And thus, your morning shower will not disturb you like me.
Also Read: Importance Of Home Inspection Before Buying Or Selling A House
What Is The Best Water Heater Repair Company?
So, when it comes to best, it means something perfect. Several water heaters companies provide both repair and replacement services at different prices.
The best water heater repairs a replacement company is the one that;
- Provides both residential and commercial water heater repair and replacement services. So you will not feel stressed again and again for finding separate companies one for home and done for office.
- Will do the work with complete perfection and to your satisfaction.
- Contains licensed and insured policies
- Have years of verified experience
- Have several satisfied customers and positive feedbacks
- Will be able to give a free cost estimate.
- Give a quick and reliable water heater repair service.
Instead of all this, I can help you further in finding the best match for your heater repair or replacement. While choosing the company for your heater, consider the following steps.
Things To Consider When Choosing A Water Heater Repair Company
- Consider the reputation of the company, as this plays a vital role in choosing them.
- Check the experience of the company. It doesn’t mean the company has 10+ years of experience. But this means that the experience that has positive remarks. Sometimes companies with years of experience are doing fraud to their customers. So, stay tuned.
- Check the tools and technologies they are using because they play a crucial role in the repair. And for this, you should have some latest information about the equipment and its working.
- Verify the expert’s certification. The company has teamed with certified experts.
- Select more than one company and request a cost estimate. Once you get the estimate from all of the selected, compare the costs and services to select within your budget.
- You can also visit their website or any social media platform to see the reviews they have got from the old clients. That’s the best way to know the company’s reputation as people are, most of the time, honest in putting reviews.
Read More: How To Prepare Your Home For Winter?
In the end, I must recommend investigating the company properly before hiring. Because a single wrong decision can let you pay more. Take some time in selection to avoid future conflicts.
Remember, don’t forget to fix the price before availing of the services because they can charge more at the end of services. So take care and keep your water heater repaired and maintained and stay warm throughout the winter.
Also Check: If A Water Main Bursts, What Do You Do? (Until The Plumber Arrives)