Are you looking for a way or a guide on how to dispose of a mattress? Then we are here to serve you. In this article, you’ll learn about different ways to get rid of your old mattress.
4 Ways To Dispose Of A Mattress
There are several methods to dispose of a mattress, some of are
- Junk Removal
- Recycling of Mattress
- Reuse it by disintegrating
Suppose there are no thrift stores, recycling centers, and mattress companies that dispose of a mattress. Then the best option for you is to contact any junk removal service that will aid you to get rid of it.
Due to the developing trend of making the environment clean, these junk removal services deliver them to any recycling company or donate them to conserve the landfills.
Before hiring a junk removal service must check the mattress warranty because some companies offer buy-back or to dispose of a mattress facility within a definite period.
How to choose a junk removal service to dispose of a mattress?
You can choose a junk removal service by following two steps which are
- Before contacting a junk removal service company, calculate the weight and volume of the mattress. Because some companies charge according to weight while the charge on the volume used by a mattress of truck. This will enable you to hire a company whose services are budget-friendly.
- Search on the internet about different junk removal services, which companies operate in your area, and execute cost comparison analysis of those companies.
Also Read: 3 Quick Tips on How to Fluff a Pillow
Recycling of Mattress
All parts of a mattress can lead to new products by recycling it.
Recycling a mattress is one of the trendy options to dispose of a mattress, specially old one.
For this must track down the nearest recycling spot in your area, you can track it down on the internet, using the zip code of your zone.
It will assist you in finding the best recycling center near to your house.
The charges for recycling mattresses vary from organization to organization.
The standard fee for recycling your old mattress ranges from 20 to 40$ depending upon the condition of your mattress, without pickup service. For pickup services, they charge 10 to 20$ extra.
The recycling centers do not accept broken or torn mattresses for recycling.
Donation Of Mattress
If the mattress is not wholly out of order, you can also donate it to different organizations that employ used products.
Many organizations avail themselves of used products, for example,
- The Salvation Army,
- Habitat for Humanity International, and
- Furniture Bank Association of America.
Reuse It by Disintegration
If recycling centers do not accept your mattress, you can reuse their different parts by disintegrating them. Uses of its parts are
- You can make new products by using steel of mattress or sell it as scrap. By selling the steel mattress, you can earn about 100$.
- Different foams of mattresses such as polyurethane, memory, and latex foam can be used for carpeting, pet bedding, cushions, and pillows.
- Its natural and non-natural fibers can be employed for padding or insulation purposes.
- You can use other parts of the mattress for many household purposes.
Hope these 4 ways to dispose of a mattress will help you a lot!
Must Read: Top Soap Dispensers For Work Premises