If you are looking for an answer to the question “Is training and development part of Human Resource Management?”, that is troubling you, this is the right article for you to read.
Training and development is a central part of Human resource management. Training and development are crucial for every organization as giving the employees the required training is essential for the organization’s and employee’s growth. There is proper planning done by the HR department to implement the training program.
Training needs analysis before the training is given to see what type of training is needed, which training needs to be given to whom, and how training is given. Employees need to have continuous development in the organization nowadays as Salary is not the only motivation for millennials.
Difference Between Training and Development
- Training is a quick reactive process intended for operators and systems, whereas continuous pro-active executives plan for growth. The goal of training personnel is to learn new skills and, in development, to develop a complete personality.
- In preparation, the management takes the initiative to fulfill the current need for fan personnel. In growth, the person takes the initiative to fulfill the potential need for fan staff.
- Employees at various levels are given different instructions. For the training of qualified staff and operators, the following training approaches are used: specialized job training programs, professional training for live demonstration training, internship training, training through the work rotation phase.
- This type of training is offered to people in managerial programs: management games to enhance decision-making, programs to recognize future executives, psychological testing to understand and affect employee actions, simulation and role-playing, communication development programs, human relationships, and management skills.
- Training is all about understanding where you are at present and where you can hit your skills after some time. People can learn new data, new methodologies and refresh their existing knowledge and skills through training.
- There is a great deal of change due to this, and the productivity at work adds up. The training intends to create an effect that lasts well beyond the final period of the learning itself and updates the employee with recent things. For individuals and organizations, the preparation may be provided as skill creation.
Main Points of an Effective Training And Development
To carry out the training, follow these five steps:-
Training Need analysis
HR needs to prepare a Training need analysis form given to the employees and their managers.
It should be formulated in such a way that it assesses their strength and weakness.
By giving it to both employees and their managers, we will get two perspectives for the same person giving us the real picture.
Then based on the responses in TNA, we will find the gaps for employees to train them. Not only will we identify their weak points, but we will also ask them in the form in which area they need to develop themselves. In this way, both training and development needs are analyzed.
After TNA, we will make a list of a learning objective that is why the training and development program is being conducted. For different employees learning objectives will be different.
Learning objectives become essential to convey why the training is necessary; sometimes, the employees may feel that training is a waste of time. So, clear and realistic learning objectives convince the employee to take the training wholeheartedly.
Design Training Material
Generally, HR are eligible to give the training, but many a time, a trainer from outside the company is called to give the training. After deciding who will give the training, how training is to be given is the next question to work on.
Mode of training, material to be used, Structure of the training, and each minute planning is done so that nothing goes unplanned. Try to get the training as interactive as possible as an interactive session has the quickest output.
Implement the training
On the day of training, make sure employees know everything like the training hall, what material to bring, and the training schedule for the whole training session.
Ensure that you give feedback forms to the employees, which will let the trainer and the HR department know how employees feel about the training.
Evaluate the training
Analyzing the effect of training is essential, as in training lots of resources are spent not only in terms of monetary factors but also the time of the management and the employees, and efforts of the trainer.
The HR department must learn from the training’s shortcomings and their positive effect.
Following the five crucial steps given above about HR training and development, you can have your training session ready, implemented, and evaluated.
Must Read: How To Choose the Right Cloud HR Software